Ramen Noodles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

MystiK wrote:yeah and eggs count as meat too so a real vegetarian shouldnt eat cake/pastries either.

Anyway I bought about 8 packs of these today based on this thread lol I looked at the nutrition facts and i was surprised. It has a fair amount of protein (8g or something) and iron!! However also over a THOUSAND grams of sodium :wink: So it's an OK food based on health.
That's a thousand milligrams--a thousand grams would be almost 3 pounds!
Very sexy hero, omg
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

yeah milligrams

1180mg of sodium for the shrimp
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

einbebop44 wrote:
MystiK wrote:yeah and eggs count as meat too so a real vegetarian shouldnt eat cake/pastries either.

Anyway I bought about 8 packs of these today based on this thread lol I looked at the nutrition facts and i was surprised. It has a fair amount of protein (8g or something) and iron!! However also over a THOUSAND grams of sodium :wink: So it's an OK food based on health.
That's a thousand milligrams--a thousand grams would be almost 3 pounds!
mmmm salty.... and.... two Bebop avatars in a row......
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I know shrimp isnt a veggie, but most vegetarians dont eat red meat and poultry, but still eat shrimp and fish. Only vegans stay strict to no meat at all including fish, thats why I asked if he was a vegan, and not just a vegetarian.
I would say most vegetarians don't eat meat. That is, they eat dairy/eggs but not any actual animals. In fact, that's how the dictionary lists it.

The practice of subsisting on a diet composed primarily or wholly of vegetables, grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds, with or without eggs and dairy products.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Lartrak wrote:
I know shrimp isnt a veggie, but most vegetarians dont eat red meat and poultry, but still eat shrimp and fish. Only vegans stay strict to no meat at all including fish, thats why I asked if he was a vegan, and not just a vegetarian.
I would say most vegetarians don't eat meat. That is, they eat dairy/eggs but not any actual animals. In fact, that's how the dictionary lists it.

The practice of subsisting on a diet composed primarily or wholly of vegetables, grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds, with or without eggs and dairy products.
Hmmmm, I guess CA vegetarians are mostly hypocrits. MOst of the ones I know eat fish.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

arrowhead wrote:I know shrimp isnt a veggie, but most vegetarians dont eat red meat and poultry, but still eat shrimp and fish. Only vegans stay strict to no meat at all including fish, thats why I asked if he was a vegan, and not just a vegetarian.

Hmmmm, I guess CA vegetarians are mostly hypocrits. MOst of the ones I know eat fish.
Pretty much, yeah. Lartrak summed it up. Fish is a meat, so it's out. But some people do it for health reasons, rather than moral reasons, so that's why fish is okay as far as they're concerned.

In response to Mystik, I do eat eggs; the rationale being that the eggs we eat aren't fertilized, so they're not actually alive.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

1)Cook your noodles however you want.
2)Drain off water, pour in cold, then drain off cold
3)Get a bottle of italian caesar dressing, and some parmesan cheese. Pour in 3tbsp dressing, about a tablespoon of the parmesan, and stir.

Voila. Ramen Pasta Salad.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

In response to Mystik, I do eat eggs; the rationale being that the eggs we eat aren't fertilized, so they're not actually alive.
it's still meat.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Meat = "the edible flesh of an animal", so... no.

Meat can also mean "the edible part"... so if you're going by that definition, eggs are meat. But if you're going by that definition, apples are meat (except for the seeds & stem).
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

the point is, those eggs would develop into living animals if you havent eaten them, like a fetus. If you ate a fetus i'm sure you would be described as a cannibal.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

MystiK wrote:the point is, those eggs would develop into living animals if you havent eaten them, like a fetus. If you ate a fetus i'm sure you would be described as a cannibal.
That's not true. They're unfertilized. All they would do is spoil after a few days. It's the equivalent of a chicken period.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Yea you just are eating fem-cum from other animals.
(but seriously lets not go OT on a thread about ramen noodles)
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Fetus flavored ramen... that's a thought.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Now that I no longer have access to chow halls, I use Ramen noodles as a filler-type material. I can buy some stir fry veggies and meat, then triple the size of it buy tossing in 15 cents worth of Ramen noodles.
My rule of thumb is, if an animal has to die to make the food, I can't eat it
My rule of thumb is, if an animal hasn't died or been enslaved to make the food, it's probably not going to taste very good. Plus, food always tastes better when you kill it yourself. Mmm... elk chili Ramen... *drool*...
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

That is why I beat cows with my hammer then cook them my self to get that "extra" flavoring out of them. Seriously I am a reverse vegtarian basicaly.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

zerotype wrote:That is why I beat cows with my hammer then cook them my self to get that "extra" flavoring out of them. Seriously I am a reverse vegtarian basicaly.
That wasn't funny.

I still love Cup Ramen.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

fatheadpi wrote:Now that I no longer have access to chow halls, I use Ramen noodles as a filler-type material. I can buy some stir fry veggies and meat, then triple the size of it buy tossing in 15 cents worth of Ramen noodles.
yeah, that's pretty much what I do. And, to be honest, ramen by itself, even seasoned w/whatever, is pretty boring.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

That is why I beat cows with my hammer then cook them my self to get that "extra" flavoring out of them. Seriously I am a reverse vegtarian basicaly.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
That wasn't funny.
See above.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Nissin chicken cup o soup with tuong at sriracha hot sauce. Damn that crap is hot like lava, but its god.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I don't know how in the world this thread went without a mention of the Ramen section of Kevin Horton's Bachelor's Guide to Domesticity.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer