Most underrated games?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Most underrated games?

Post by dude322mg »

I have some in mind....

Luigi's Mansion
Bomberman 64
Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles
Congo's Caper

Thats all I can think of for now... but I'll prolly think of more l8er.
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Hmmm... what about Persona for the PSX. It might not be THE most underrated, but I never knew anyone else that owned that game.
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

i have to say fur fighters. no one i know likes that game yet i think it was one of the best 3rd person shooters on dc.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The Longest Journey for PC. That game has to be the most underrated game of all time.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

the most underrated game is alex kid for the master system that was a awesome game alex deserves to live in the 128 bit world
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

Not so much underrated but undernoticed: Suikoden I & II for the PSX.

I love those games. Suikoden holds a very close second to Final Fantasy as my favorite RPG series. I can't wait to see how Suikoden III turns out, though I really wish they'd stuck with the old 2D style, despite it being on a newer system.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

i agree with melancholy on longest journey. awesome game. some others i like that never seemed to catch on...

last express (adventure game on a train... very good plot)
gearheads (battle with windup toys)
darkeye (based on the works of edgar allen poe... creepy stuff!)
streets of sim city (shitty graphics, but the deathmatch with cars element was so cool!)
sim copter (really really disgusting graphics... but fun as hell)
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

I got some more...

Carmagennon 2
Amazon Trail
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Token99 wrote:Hmmm... what about Persona for the PSX. It might not be THE most underrated, but I never knew anyone else that owned that game.
i HAVE both persona 1 and both versions of 2. (part 2 was released in 2 versions in japan, innocent sin, and eternal punishment, the US version is eternal punishment) those games rule. actually the whole megami tensei series rules
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

NeonGenesis wrote:Not so much underrated but undernoticed: Suikoden I & II for the PSX.

I love those games. Suikoden holds a very close second to Final Fantasy as my favorite RPG series. I can't wait to see how Suikoden III turns out, though I really wish they'd stuck with the old 2D style, despite it being on a newer system.
ohh yeah, these game rule! I was planning on getting the second since i have the first but its damn expensive! And on underestimated game is: http://cube.ign.com/articles/324/324321p2.html scroll down and read the coments in italic, this is one of the reasons i dont thrust ign reviews anymore.
Heliophobe
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe »

Jumping Flash 2 - the original got some credit, at least, and I think it even made it into the greatest hits collection. The sequel was released with no fanfare, and quickly ended up in the pile of $14.99 games and disappeared from store shelves and people's memory. Now, I never played the first game, so maybe it's better, but #2's one hell of a game as it is.

It was one of the first really successful 3D platformers that I had the oppurtunity to play. You played in a first person perspective, and had a massive jumping range - you had a modest initial hope followed by up to three secondary boost jumps, which let you cover a lot of ground but gave you plenty of chances to correct you trajectory and keep from dying all the damned time. After your initial boost your view shifted to below you so you could always tell where you were going to land. Of course, due to the large jumping range you had, you were given enormous levels to explore - and some challenging jumps despite your abilities. But you always felt like you were in control, and jumping puzzles were actually fun.

The levels were huge and greatly varied, the music matched the game perfectly, and there were a number of secrets to find and bonuses to unlock. I heard there was a third sequel that was made by another unrelated development team, but it was pretty dull, and didn't get released outside of Japan. A shame - I'd love to see a PS2 sequel.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Warlords Battlecry This is basically a Warcraft type game. I personally had more fun with this 15 dollar game then Warcraft 3. The hero's get a lot more to choose from when they level up. Also you can control 30 some troops at a time, and they level up some also and can become hero's if they survive.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Blast Corps on the N64, a great game just got to find another copy.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

Great One wrote:
NeonGenesis wrote:Not so much underrated but undernoticed: Suikoden I & II for the PSX.

ohh yeah, these game rule! I was planning on getting the second since i have the first but its damn expensive! And on underestimated game is: http://cube.ign.com/articles/324/324321p2.html scroll down and read the coments in italic, this is one of the reasons i dont thrust ign reviews anymore.
I'm just lucky. I was able to find Suikoden II in a discount bin for $8.99, and I got Suikoden I off eBay for $4.99 including shipping. For a grand total of less than $15 for both. :P