Do you think Sega will return to hardware manufacturing

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

clessoulis wrote:I speak it fine its spelling it a suck at. LoL
And grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, forming coherent thoughts. Yeah, only little problems.
No signature.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I write crappy sentences because I cant spell the words I want to use most of the time.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

clessoulis wrote:I write crappy sentences because I cant spell the words I want to use most of the time.
That's no excuse for poor english.
No signature.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Its my excuse and its what I'll stick to.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

clessoulis wrote:Its my excuse and its what I'll stick to.
I prefer the excuse that you are retarded.
But hey whatever floats your boat.
No signature.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

"No Ethics but Broadband"

My Fundamentalist Hero. :roll:

I'll save you a cool spot in hell. 8)
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Is it just me, or does it look like DCemu has their very own Odd Couple with Toastman and Clessoulis?

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. Although I really doubt that Nintendo will leave the hardware fold, if they did, I think that they would have a chance to come back to hardware if they really wanted to do so. I really think that Nintendo would rather want to release software on a Sega console rather than a Microsoft console just because of the Japan factor.

However, I really do not anticipate much of any changes in the next 10 years except perhaps Sega buying up some software publishers (they should pick up Infogrames...they do have the rights to DBZ).
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

Sega will never make consoles again, they will never team up with another company to make consoles, and that is that. Its not because they are bad or anything, its because the average person thinks of a Sega console and thinks "sucks" "failure" and "im not wasting my money on that." Although we all know that none of that is true about Sega systems, as they are great products, some of our lesser intelligent brethren seem to think that is the case. And that is EXACTLY the reason why Sega will not get into console making again.

I thought one day that maybe Sega would team up with Nintendo and help them develop the next generation of consoles after Gamecube, but then I realized that would be bad business. People would see the Sega name on the console and shy away from buying it, out of pure ignorance, and Nintendo or any other company knows this. When Sega was planning the Dreamcast, they even considered NOT putting the Sega logo on it for the exact same reason as I stated above ( caused by the failure of the Saturn at the time).

So all in all, its ok to dream, but reality is it will never happen. My brother and his friends all happen to be average gamers, as well as plenty of my other friends, and they all think a) im a tard for still playing Dreamcast and b) that Dreamcast sucks and that c) Sega systems were the worst investments any of them ever made. I just take their used games, nod, and smile at their ignorance :D
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

SaSSO wrote:Sega will never make consoles again, they will never team up with another company to make consoles, and that is that. Its not because they are bad or anything, its because the average person thinks of a Sega console and thinks "sucks" "failure" and "im not wasting my money on that." Although we all know that none of that is true about Sega systems, as they are great products, some of our lesser intelligent brethren seem to think that is the case. And that is EXACTLY the reason why Sega will not get into console making again.

I thought one day that maybe Sega would team up with Nintendo and help them develop the next generation of consoles after Gamecube, but then I realized that would be bad business. People would see the Sega name on the console and shy away from buying it, out of pure ignorance, and Nintendo or any other company knows this. When Sega was planning the Dreamcast, they even considered NOT putting the Sega logo on it for the exact same reason as I stated above ( caused by the failure of the Saturn at the time).

So all in all, its ok to dream, but reality is it will never happen. My brother and his friends all happen to be average gamers, as well as plenty of my other friends, and they all think a) im a tard for still playing Dreamcast and b) that Dreamcast sucks and that c) Sega systems were the worst investments any of them ever made. I just take their used games, nod, and smile at their ignorance :D
ROFL.....you're right about people today. When I say "But the Dreamcast version of that game looks better than that PS2 version", all I hear is "But the Dreamcast is dead" or "But I dont have a Dreamcast". So sad.

Dreamcast. The forgotten champion.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"