A sincere apology from Ian Micheal

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Ian Robinson
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

A sincere apology from Ian Micheal

Post by Ian Robinson »

Hello, This is Ian Micheal.
Let me first apologize for my behavior. And how I acted in the Dreamcast scene from 2002 to 2004. I was Wrong And I acted like a jerk. My lack of humility, and Ego Driven pettiness, I'm not going to have an excuse to blame it on. I was wrong not sharing source code, I'm 42 now and all I want to do is give credit to all the coder's that helped me shared their hard work with me. No, I was never a good coder. All I ever wanted to do was help the Dreamcast Scene. I loved the Sega Dreamcast. I acted childish and unforgivable.
And I have since grown up, this is a sincere apology. If I could turn back time and right the wrong's I would. I got caught up in feeling important because I could type make, Toward's the end i started to learn to code . But it was too late, I had made a fool and idiot of myself. I could have been
a help to the community. I'm still coding for Dreamcast, it's my first love, I would now never act like I used to.
i've spent all night reading my old posts on this forum. I can tell you they mortify me and disturb me how I could have acted like I did to people I respected and idolized. All I ever intended to do was learn and support and help the Dreamcast scene. Not one of my past projects could have done without the help of all the Dreamcast coder's I'm going to list all the people below that were betrayed, wronged, and did not deserve to be treated in that manner . As silly as it might sound, I let the support of some people go to my head. I was out of control. I realize that now.
To all the Dreamcast Developer's I never gave credit to, and acted ungratefully. I'm truly very sorry.

I like to sincerely apologize to:

Black Aura , toastman, APE,OneThirty8,Christuserloeser,Warmtoe,mankrip,wraggster,Moi, Darc,Skynet,Jeeba Jabba, DaMadFiddler,melancholy,Nico0020,ace,Ender,Butters,speud,fragger,GyroVorbis,Storminator16,az_bont,Strapping Scherzo,Kamjin,curt_grymala,Roofus,I.M. Weasel,LyonHrt,
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: A sincere apology from Ian Micheal

Post by |darc| »

Ian Robinson wrote:I acted childish and unforgivable.
Nothing is unforgivable, Ian.

I respect you for coming on here and apologizing, even after you saw an attack I made on you just this week in the Null/Junk forum.

Truth is, many of us were assholes back then. Some of us were worse than others, but I know I certainly was one of the assholes. Like you, I wish I could go back and right some of those wrongs.

Time has slowly erased many of the people who were in the DC scene because the Dreamcast was the hot new thing, and now almost 2 decades later we are left with those who are truly passionate for this console and its community. I'm still here, and I will always be here because this is something I love. As such, I believe we always have the ability to redeem ourselves as long as we stay true to this community.

Thank you for the work you put into this community, whether it was typing "make" or serious work. All of that message board drama aside, people did download your contributions however big or small and enjoyed them.

Welcome back. Dreamcast forever!
It's thinking...
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

Wrote a few long winded responses to this, but kept deleting them. However you deserved a quick reply.
The long and the short of it is,
At this stage in my life, I really try not to hold grudges. I hope others that I encounter can do the same too. I did some stupid shit and was a total asshole to many people in my teens and 20s. So I would be an absolute hypocrite If I said otherwise. Anyone trying to redeem themselves through apology and recognition for things they did that may have hurt others - well I am cool with that.

We are all here for different reasons. If you want to code, I am sure people here would love to get working on something with you. If you just want to mend some bridges, that's great too! Welcome back!
*The Cadillac of signatures*
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I actually did unban your other account a few days ago... Hadn't posted in here yet, but figured I'd mention it now...
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I would like to say thank you to DARC , Nico0020 , Bluecrab

Dreamcast forever!
Dreamcast forever!!!
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

Hah! I just saw your name in the programming forums and it made me smile to see you back after all this time. I've also taken a walk down my own memory lane and know there are things I wish I could have done differently.

Don't feel bad. We've somehow made it this far and if there's anything I specifically remember about you, it's that you were passionate about Dreamcast and truly believed it had untapped potential.

There are people here, who have done and continue to unlock this potential so the Dream is very much alive. I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute and I hope I can do the same.

Isn't life beautiful? I wish the world at large wasn't so determined to go digging in the mucks of history for justifications of their divisive actions today. If there is even a brief moment where, or a single person with whom we can practise being good to each other, then it behooves us to take it and build upon it, regardless of what wrongs may have happened or continue to happen around us.

That's how life blooms and changes are made, not by some instant explosion of enlightenment in everyone everywhere at once.

All the best to everyone.
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Ian Robinson
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Ian Robinson »

nymus wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am Hah! I just saw your name in the programming forums and it made me smile to see you back after all this time. I've also taken a walk down my own memory lane and know there are things I wish I could have done differently.

Don't feel bad. We've somehow made it this far and if there's anything I specifically remember about you, it's that you were passionate about Dreamcast and truly believed it had untapped potential.

There are people here, who have done and continue to unlock this potential so the Dream is very much alive. I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute and I hope I can do the same.

Isn't life beautiful? I wish the world at large wasn't so determined to go digging in the mucks of history for justifications of their divisive actions today. If there is even a brief moment where, or a single person with whom we can practise being good to each other, then it behooves us to take it and build upon it, regardless of what wrongs may have happened or continue to happen around us.

That's how life blooms and changes are made, not by some instant explosion of enlightenment in everyone everywhere at once.

All the best to everyone.
That's beautiful nymus.. i will try my 100% to help even if it's searching forum's for info.. I have the latest kos and dev tool chain setup.. And my old kos1. 1.9 setup.. I only intend to help.. I really love the Dreamcast and you right, I believe we didn't get the best from it yet... It's great to see you.. I have kept all source code from almost all dev's , and i will share everything I have, I want to see us all do the best we can.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Welcome back. Ditto to everything everyone else said.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
mrneo240
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mrneo240 »

This is good to see
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Post by politoe »

:idea:
coolio, slide slide slippity slide.
whats up with goldbergwwe?
•••
Turn back the time...
Or can always know the guillotine drop, hand of doom, black hole sun curtain call, whatever name its given in ur region.
Or can always blame it on the black star
Radiohead - Black Star
David Bowie- Black Star
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Goldbergwwe was my ex wife not talked to her since 2005.. Nice to see you again Politoe :)
Dreamcast forever!!!
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

I know all too well about community drama especially over at TIZ when I was a moderator I had a falling out with the other moderators, especially ComradeSnarkey. He and I spoke again recently for the first time since late 2014 and were pretty cordial towards each other on a YouTube video comment section. We touched basses and pretty much buried the hatchet. I wish no ill will towards anybody especially in the community I love so much. I am not a kid anymore either, and every day that goes by isn't worth fighting and arguing over.

Glad to see everybody showing their maturity here. That is what I like about this community.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Its a good thing you have apologized. You did show passion, but goddamn were you an uppity motherfucker. Your old posts are just abominable to read, but what is important that you sincerely feel remorse for how you acted. Nobody here is a saint - except BlackAura - so, to hold a grudge is somewhat silly. As long as you take actions that show you have changed, words will mean little at this point. But I do wholeheartedly welcome a changed IanMicheal.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."