"New" Game from S&F Software Available Now!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

"New" Game from S&F Software Available Now!

Post by S. Thompson »

Steve here from S&F Software; I know it might be a horrible idea to post news of a new S&F release on Dreamcast forums when it's not ON the Dreamcast, but here goes:

We've released an enhanced remake/port of our game Helibomber on the S&F site - Helibomber SDX (super deluxe) is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux and features online high scores, four difficulty levels, and some old-school arcade action. It's not going to win any awards for epic storytelling, but if you're after some quick arcade action akin to the classics of the early 80s, this just might fit the bill!

Check it out here if you're so inclined: http://sfsoftware.sevensoupcans.com/gam ... omber-sdx/

- Steve
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: "New" Game from S&F Software Available Now!

Post by cube_b3 »

I actually discovered this trailer months back and made a news post on it.

Chris would quick to point out the resolution of the text is too high to be on Dreamcast.

Nonetheless, you are a valued member of the dreamcast scene and it is great that you are making games again!
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: "New" Game from S&F Software Available Now!

Post by S. Thompson »

cube_b3 wrote:I actually discovered this trailer months back and made a news post on it.

Chris would quick to point out the resolution of the text is too high to be on Dreamcast.

Nonetheless, you are a valued member of the dreamcast scene and it is great that you are making games again!
Ah, man. I didn't even know you posted that. Thank you very much!

Yes, for now it's PC only, but who knows what the future holds. A few people have asked about iOS/Android as well; this would be easier since it's written in Java and a full rewrite wouldn't be needed. I'm not sure what's going to happen.

- Steve