RIP - Elmer, D-Money, Mr. Ed

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

RIP - Elmer, D-Money, Mr. Ed

Post by |darc| »

I just found out on facebook that Elmer/D-Money/Mr. Ed/whatever name you knew him as, aka Donovan Ladd, has died.

I don't know the circumstances of his death, unfortunately, as it is all coming from facebook.

Elmer lived close to me and we had a lot of the same interests, like our local sports teams, and although he was almost always a headache to be dealt with here, I enjoyed talking to him outside of the site. I never got to meet him in real life. We tried to meet up once many years ago, but he no-showed on me. I didn't hold that against him because I was pretty close to no-showing on him...

I don't know how much you guys know about his personal life, but I know he was in jail or prison recently (or at least lied to me saying he was--never can tell with him). We didn't talk often in the recent year or two, but I know he was involved with drugs pretty heavily at some points over the years. I unfortunately cannot say I am surprised to find out about his death given some of the things he's told me over the years.

Sigh... Rest in peace, Donovan.

P.S. The last thing Donovan ever told me was "i think i have aids"
It's thinking...
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
Been thanked: 0

Re: RIP - Elmer, D-Money, Mr. Ed

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

RIP Elmer
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

RIP.

He donated a large portion of his time to stalking me back in the glory days (when his name was still SEGA), and I'm sure that 95% of what I knew about this person was a lie. But if you have a Facebook profile that you're sure is him, then RIP.

We had some interesting conversations on IRC and AIM back in the day. He was very... unique? I totally believe the drug stuff. But the IRC chat wouldn't have been the same without him.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Luriden wrote:I'm sure that 95% of what I knew about this person was a lie. But if you have a Facebook profile that you're sure is him, then RIP.
Yeah, I could never tell what was the truth and what was a lie with him, but I've known his real identity for 10 years now. It's definitely his facebook, and it's definitely his real friends and family posting "RIP" etc. on his wall.
It's thinking...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Liar or not, he was a fun troll. RIP