MOD Chips?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MOD Chips?

Post by ccb_v2 »

I just nabbed an N64, PSX, and PS2 from my local Goodwill stores and was wondering if anyone has any info on mod chips still available for the Sony consoles? I used to have a mod chip for my old PSX but that is loooong gone. Anyone have any info? Thanks!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: MOD Chips?

Post by |darc| »

You can get chips for the original PSX here (Canadian seller) or here (UK seller). I've purchased from both gentlemen before; their prices are great and both of them are very helpful.

I have the Mayumi v4 in my PSX and it works great, fully stealth and has played every game I have thrown at it.
It's thinking...
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I know it's not strictly a modchip and it does require a very specific model of PS1, but a guy I know told me about a device that plugs into the parallel port of the older style PS1 and allows you to run games from an SD card. No idea what it's called. I think it's called PSIO.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

|darc| - awesome thanks!

Skynet - Yeah i read about that. Not retailed yet though...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Skynet wrote:I know it's not strictly a modchip and it does require a very specific model of PS1, but a guy I know told me about a device that plugs into the parallel port of the older style PS1 and allows you to run games from an SD card. No idea what it's called. I think it's called PSIO.

The PSIO (and the DCIO, its Dreamcast counterpart) aren't finished development yet.
It's thinking...
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

|darc| wrote:
Skynet wrote:I know it's not strictly a modchip and it does require a very specific model of PS1, but a guy I know told me about a device that plugs into the parallel port of the older style PS1 and allows you to run games from an SD card. No idea what it's called. I think it's called PSIO.

The PSIO (and the DCIO, its Dreamcast counterpart) aren't finished development yet.
I didn't think so. I googled it after I posted and it looked like preorder on the PS one. The DCIO is interesting, he told me about that too.

Interestingly the guy that told me about it backed it on kickstarter and the level he backed got him a free PS1.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800