Annoyed with Pain management docs and DEA pressure..rant

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Annoyed with Pain management docs and DEA pressure..rant

Post by ben15dc »

Well i'll keep this short, I have been in Construction and Painting since about the time I joined these forums. Over a year ago I ended up tripping and falling off a 6ft Scaffolding over a year ago. Workman's comp totally fucked me but that's a different story. I ended up having 3 back surgeries on my L5S1 herniated disc since then. And have been on many types of pain medication over this time obviously. It really annoys me know that doctors are so damn scared to prescribe opiates for people that really need them, Obviously the laws are so much stricter know the DEA is breathing down their neck. The system just seems fucked, and people with legitimate issues have to be in unnecessary pain. I suppose one of the reasons is i'm only 26 and they probably think i'm some junkie even though i have a legit injury, but aside from that I know many people struggling with this shit. Aside from hardly ever getting enough to cut the pain. I been told on my last appointment that my doc is going to wean me off totally over the next few months..I don't know what to think anymore. Obviously its better to be off, just worried about being in pain and miserable my whole life. :?

Anyone have any similar experiences or input?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Re: Annoyed with Pain management docs and DEA pressure..rant

Post by Roofus »

I don't know what the laws are like in your state, but have you considered marijuana? It basically cured my 80 year old aunt's arthritis and my sister broke her leg back in February and it cut her pill use down to 1/2-1/3 of what the doctor prescribed. If nothing else, the punishment for having a personal use amount of weed is way less than for having illegitimate pills.
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

Not sure if thst's a good advice, Roofus.
Marijuana effects are still in researchment, so the damage, whcih can caused by the usage of marijuana can actually overweight it's benefit. But in small doses,.. yeah, there may be some therapeutic effct.
What about opiates - they are very dangerous, because they can give you an constant addiction. So there's not only about DEA.
I can advice you a Diclofenac, which I found a good painkiller for myself (and it's not an opiode derivative), but you should consult a doctor, 'cause it have some effects by itself.
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

RyoDC wrote:Not sure if thst's a good advice, Roofus.
Marijuana effects are still in researchment, so the damage, whcih can caused by the usage of marijuana can actually overweight it's benefit.
I think plenty enough 'research' has been done on marijuana...
RyoDC wrote:But in small doses,.. yeah, there may be some therapeutic effct.
...and this is pretty well documented. :P
It's thinking...
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Thanks for the advice folks. Marijuana was always great for my pain. Though it is very illegal in my state, even for medical..North Dakota will be the last state to get a weed clinic.
Check this bullshit out.. http://www.mpp.org/states/north-dakota/
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

ben15dc wrote:Thanks for the advice folks. Marijuana was always great for my pain. Though it is very illegal in my state, even for medical..North Dakota will be the last state to get a weed clinic.
Check this bullshit out.. http://www.mpp.org/states/north-dakota/
It's tough in the Dakotas man :(
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Ryo thanks for the advice on Diclofenac I've surprisingly never had that one and will try it. Non opiate i've tried Mobic,Celebrex,Indomethacin,Toradol,Flexeril,Lyrica,Valium and synthetic opiate tramadol. Obviously nothing is going to beat opiates but hope i can get close..just hope i can do it properly without the shit withdrawals.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Insane homebrew collector.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

funny, if your not being a smart ass yeah i just didn't mention all the over the counter shit that doesn't work.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

No, I was serious. It helped me so that's why I recommended it.
Insane homebrew collector.
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I have a herniated disc. Totally sucks. I did it helping my dad move. I did about 12 weeks of serious physical therapy. It helped quite a bit, but I went on one 10 minute bike ride and a few bunny hops later I reversed all the work I did. Then I got some steroid injections and that helped a lot!

My pieces of advice are:

- Recognize you can't do the same shit you used to (my BMX is currently for sale). Your life is different from here going forward.
- Avoid lifting heavy stuff and any impacts (running) to your spine as much as possible, unless it is very much controlled. You should still exercise especially to strengthen your core but you have to be very careful and leave any ego you have at the door.
- Lose excess weight by getting more light exercise and eating healthier.
- Ibuprofin works wonders. I only take them when its acting up, but I try to keep them with me. I went to NYC and visited the Met last week. I could barely walk about half way through. Thankfully my girl had two with her. I popped those babies and I was right back at it.
- Personally I think marijuana does help reduce the pain. Obviously there is a huge criminal risk involved here many people would be unwilling to take on.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

ben15dc wrote:Anyone have any similar experiences or input?
I was in a near fatal collision a few years ago while on duty. I experienced the same reluctance from my doctors to prescribe adequate pain killers and getting a refill was nearly impossible.

Then again, I was in a bike accident last year which was far less serious and the nurses pumped me full of a suprising amount of morphine while the hospital MD refilled my Oxy script at least 5 times.
Roofus wrote:I don't know what the laws are like in your state, but have you considered marijuana? It basically cured my 80 year old aunt's arthritis and my sister broke her leg back in February and it cut her pill use down to 1/2-1/3 of what the doctor prescribed. If nothing else, the punishment for having a personal use amount of weed is way less than for having illegitimate pills.
I found a surprising amount of pain relief from MMJ. Definitely consider getting a vaporizer if you go this route; smoking is bad mmmkay?
|darc| wrote:
RyoDC wrote:Not sure if thst's a good advice, Roofus.
Marijuana effects are still in researchment, so the damage, whcih can caused by the usage of marijuana can actually overweight it's benefit.
I think plenty enough 'research' has been done on marijuana...
RyoDC wrote:But in small doses,.. yeah, there may be some therapeutic effct.
...and this is pretty well documented. :P
RyoDC, you don't know what you're talking about.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I, too, ruined a disc in November of last year. At work, releasing a ship from a dock. It's horrible. Been out of work since.. well, real work. I just go to the office and sit around for 40 hours a week (which sucks, considering I was working between 50-80 before) and collect worker's comp on top of that to fill the difference a bit.

However, I haven't taken any pain medication other than Aleve and Advil because my dick is huge.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

You should just try to find a diff doctor. If you want someone to talk to I have a friend that has a wonderful pain doctor. The doses he is on would kill some people, but his doctor understands tolerance builds. Also, opiates aren't toxic so you don't have to worry about that which is nice I suppose. There is no shame in needing medication because your back is fucked up and sorry they treat you like a criminal. Hopefully you'll find the right doctor that will load your ass up with something like - 2 OP80s a day for general pain, 120 10mg IR opana for break through pain. You'd be sitting pretty well from that :)
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God