Hello Chaps

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello Chaps

Post by S. Thompson »

Hey hey, everybody! Been ages since I visited the forum. I wanted to swing by and just say hello.

Who's still hanging out here from the old(ish) days? :mrgreen:

- Steve
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Hello Chaps

Post by |darc| »

Hey dude! I actually thought about you the other day as I was listening to some music. :P
It's thinking...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

|darc| wrote:Hey dude! I actually thought about you the other day as I was listening to some music. :P
Anything in particular? Hopefully something that doesn't suck, but, hey, I'm happy to be remembered either way. 8-)

- Steve
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Better to have posted this here:

You know if you make another game, that would get the forums talking.

A remaster wouldn't be a bad idea either, Inhabitants is extremely outdated in Graphics and more importantly sound.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

S. Thompson wrote:
|darc| wrote:Hey dude! I actually thought about you the other day as I was listening to some music. :P
Anything in particular? Hopefully something that doesn't suck, but, hey, I'm happy to be remembered either way. 8-)

- Steve
Your cover of Paranoid, in particular. I always liked the Black Sabbath original, but I never really paid attention to the lyrics or bothered to understand the meaning of the song. Your version actually brings out the meaning and emotions behind the song and it always resonates with me every time I hear it.
It's thinking...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

|darc| wrote:Your cover of Paranoid, in particular. I always liked the Black Sabbath original, but I never really paid attention to the lyrics or bothered to understand the meaning of the song. Your version actually brings out the meaning and emotions behind the song and it always resonates with me every time I hear it.
That's high praise! :o Thank you! Kind of made my morning to hear that actually. :mrgreen:
cube_b3 wrote:You know if you make another game, that would get the forums talking.

A remaster wouldn't be a bad idea either, Inhabitants is extremely outdated in Graphics and more importantly sound.
A couple of years ago we were poised to do another Dreamcast game, but we had a terribly hard time finding a reliable pixel artist for the project. I've never totally closed the door on that chapter of my life, but the odds that we'll do another project in the near future are pretty low. I suppose if Brandon and I were both on-board and in the right place to focus our energy on a new project, it's possible.

I've had a bunch of people ask me about porting Inhabitants or some other old S&F game to android/iOS as well... never in a million years thought there would be any sort of demand for what we were doing in those days.

Thanks for all the kinds words!

- Steve
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

You can pee on me.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Well Inhabitants is a simple game to pick up and play and I guess it has the tricky to master thing going for it as well.

It also helps that it has a solid sound track (though it all sounds like midi in 2013).

I do recommend an HD remix before doing a new game, it is a good way to test the market.
The strategy worked with NGDT when they did, pink bullets.
Then Rene Hellwig repeated it by releasing Dux, Dux 1.5 and now coming soon Redux.

If you need help with animation you can ask Dan, I am sure he could help you out.
Probably by asking someone from TDG.Mods to help you out.

I would love to hear from what's his name... JMD?

Can't find him on the web, wasn't he working on Drill before it collapsed.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

S. Thompson wrote:
|darc| wrote:Your cover of Paranoid, in particular. I always liked the Black Sabbath original, but I never really paid attention to the lyrics or bothered to understand the meaning of the song. Your version actually brings out the meaning and emotions behind the song and it always resonates with me every time I hear it.
That's high praise! :o Thank you! Kind of made my morning to hear that actually. :mrgreen:
You're very welcome, but of course you deserve the thanks for doing the track. :)
S. Thompson wrote:
cube_b3 wrote:You know if you make another game, that would get the forums talking.

A couple of years ago we were poised to do another Dreamcast game, but we had a terribly hard time finding a reliable pixel artist for the project. I've never totally closed the door on that chapter of my life, but the odds that we'll do another project in the near future are pretty low. I suppose if Brandon and I were both on-board and in the right place to focus our energy on a new project, it's possible.
Personally around the web it seems like there's more interest in the DC than there has been in a while. If you were willing to do another Dreamcast title, I think it would be an excellent time to do it.
It's thinking...
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

Thumbp up for Letur Left
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

RyoDC wrote:Thumbp up for Letur Left
Awwww yeah. It's kind of a crazy little EP, isn't it?

My sig will dynamically change each week with what I'm listening to, so I was kinda confused at first by your comment.

- Steve