Evil Dead 2013 Marketing Fail

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Evil Dead 2013 Marketing Fail

Post by cube_b3 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 am

The movie was alright, but it would've been more enjoyable had the marketing not been so heavy on spoilers.

I honestly do not know why the marketing was so heavily focused on Mia.

The rest of the cast was stellar and while they may not have head to spend as many hours in make up or shoot the scenes they Jane Levy had to, nonetheless they all did a fantastic performance and had the marketing not suggested Mia was the lead of the movie I would have had a fun time guessing who would and wouldn't survive especially since the male lead reminded me of a more grounded Ash. Unfortunately the marketing made the movie quite predictable.

Also the sequel marketing is going pretty shitty as well with hinting towards Ash joining the cast in the sequel. Evil Dead is Ash, but after seeing the remake he doesn't belong in the movie just like Adam West or Michael Keaton don't belong in a new Batman.
dcxbox
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Evil Dead 2013 Marketing Fail

Post by dcxbox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 pm

ash is coming back for evil dead 4 aka army of darkness 2. sam rami and his brother are finally working on it. the director of the new evil dead wants to do a cross over film eventually between the 2 evil dead worlds.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Evil Dead 2013 Marketing Fail

Post by cube_b3 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 am

Sam & Ivan have been working on Evil Dead 4 ever since Spider-Man 3.

So a cross over viral marketing strategy is just something to get those who are reluctant to watch the "remake" give the new one a chance and I don't think the new one needs such marketing.

On another note I understand why they want to call it a sequel to Army of Darkness as Dead by Dawn is the least popular in the trilogy.

Dead by Dawn (Evil Dead 2) is essentially a remake of Evil Dead 1.
Dead by Dawn 2: Army of Darkness
Dead by Dawn 3: Army of Darkness 2 :P