Need some help on a research project

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need some help on a research project

Post by JuddWack »

Hi everybody,

This is for my Information systems architecture class and is our first assignment. I need to pick a topic "related to middleware, software integration, SOA, Web Services, virtualization, cloud computing, enterprise integration, or other course-related topic"

My topic is Bittorrent and will appeal most to readers who have no or minimal knowledge of bittorrent. I aim to provide a brief history of the company, an explanation of how the protocol works, a discussion of the problems it solves, security risks presented and examples of how the torrent is being used for legitimate purposes.

The problem I'm encountering is regarding my sources:
One document must be from a scholarly source (i.e., peer-reviewed by impartial experts, published in a scholarly journal, unbiased, and where claims are supported with references).

Does anybody know of any good examples that cover any of the subject areas I'd like to discuss? Basically everything I google wants to point me in the direction of a torrent file on a different subject and my school's library only turned up some tech books but no "scholarly journal" entries. I'm trying to stay away from arguments regarding copyright infringement and illegal downloads because I believe another class member is covering that topic.

My work is due 11:55PM on 1/24. Thanks!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: Need some help on a research project

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Does your school have full-text access to IEEE Transactions journals? That's where I'd look. See http://ieeexplore.ieee.org for their search engine, preferably from an on-campus computer. This search covers more than just journals, but once you've plugged something in there will be a checkbox on the left to limit it to journals.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Re: Need some help on a research project

Post by JuddWack »

Yes we do. Thanks for the suggestion! I just found a few articles that may be suitable. This is probably my first class where I had to do real research and was not aware of this resource.