Spotify

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Post Reply
User avatar
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Spotify

Post by not just souLLy now » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 am

I know these are hard to find in the US right now, have some invite codes kids:

https://www.spotify.com/us/invitation/

eRCxb9aZ9CuNCTAc
d3hUff2cgFAf9ySG
bNp88sTfGfMC99xK
fprYHMAEn3bWZY4Y
cBXeD9JCEMPNbg3B
a5p4fyMRXebDtnBW
dyzNnwB8CKhwMc9A
a96NeGx2UAYJHcut
erRDnEEhSr7SqhAH
b5ctF3UNtJY6tRUn
Last edited by not just souLLy now on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3498
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2001 6:50 pm
Location: PA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pavelbure » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:11 am

took the 1st one.

Thank you
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Spotify

Post by Luriden » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks. I took this one:

a96NeGx2UAYJHcut
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pixel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:51 am

In the case you run out, I've got an extra one too.
Last edited by pixel on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5415
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by BlueCrab » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm

I grabbed erRDnEEhSr7SqhAH.
User avatar
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Spotify

Post by RyoDC » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 am

I steal this: dyzNnwB8CKhwMc9A
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
Image
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pixel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 pm

I've been using Spotify all weekend and it's well worth the hype. I think it's the first online music service to make it feel like an offline service. Sites such as Grooveshark will like a website, albeit clumsy and clunky, and make it hard to find what you want. With Spotify, my iPod Touch syncs wireless over WiFi as I make changes to playlists on my computer. The usability leaves me in awe. It's like having Winamp or iTunes, but with 15 million songs. The only problems I've had are finding popular music from before ~1970. Many artists from the 50s and 60s have recorded faulty re-releases and other goofy results clutter the search process.
User avatar
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
Posts: 2601
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:54 pm
Location: Ontario
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by Code-Red » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Not available in Canada.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Spotify

Post by Luriden » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:06 pm

I wish it supported the HTC HD7. It's a nice service, but if they're gonna charge me to use it on the go (which they can't do anyway since my phone is not supported) then there's nothing that separates it from other subscription services.

EDIT: I stole another code from you for a friend.

a5p4fyMRXebDtnBW
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pixel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Luriden wrote:I wish it supported the HTC HD7. It's a nice service, but if they're gonna charge me to use it on the go (which they can't do anyway since my phone is not supported) then there's nothing that separates it from other subscription services.

EDIT: I stole another code from you for a friend.

a5p4fyMRXebDtnBW
I didn't know Android apps weren't universal across handsets. $10/month seems kind of steep, but that's the same price as an album a month. Since I buy digital-only these days anyway, it seems to be worth the money. And I think the mobile support is great. Everything scrobbles and stays synced across multiple devices. Grooveshark has always been buggy for me and Last.fm doesn't let you pick songs. For me, it's the best music player app I've seen.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Spotify

Post by Luriden » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

I honestly doubt it'll ever be compatible with Windows Phones, actually. At least not the newest ones with Zune support. Grooveshark worked for a short time before M$ shut 'em down. Nothing gets in the way of Zune or off with your head.
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5415
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by BlueCrab » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 am

Other than a few small hiccups that I've seen with the Mac client (where it tries to load a commercial, fails for some reason, and gets confused requiring a restart of the program), I think its all pretty nice. I don't think I'll be paying for the paid service any time soon (since I wouldn't really need streaming to mobile devices or anything like that).

Thanks a lot souLLy for putting up the invite codes. :mrgreen: Also, do you mind if I let my brother-in-law have one? I figured I'd ask before I just assumed that'd be ok.
User avatar
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Spotify

Post by not just souLLy now » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:51 am

Take any you like man, I'm sure I'll get a bunch more invites soon.

Some really nice features you guys should check out are:
Collaborative playlists; create a playlist and right click it's name. Set it to collaborative playlist and then right click it again and copy HTTP link. Share that link with a friend and you can all add to it.
If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
There are two levels of premium, one that just gets rid of ads, raises the quality of music and takes away any limits, the higher level one just adds mobile support. The iPhone app is really well done.
Just being able to right click a track and copy HTTP link to let other people hear it is awesome too.
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pixel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

not just souLLy now wrote:If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
I've been browsing through the social function, and unfortunately, I haven't found much from my friends. :( The iPhone app is tits. I might remove the music I've manually added through iTunes and just use Spotify. The ability of making iTunes playlists on my computer and then downloading for offline use on my iPod almost seems easier than docking.
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pixel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 am

Luriden wrote:I honestly doubt it'll ever be compatible with Windows Phones, actually. At least not the newest ones with Zune support. Grooveshark worked for a short time before M$ shut 'em down. Nothing gets in the way of Zune or off with your head.
Ahh ... I should've looked closer and not just assumed it was Android. Are there any non-first party music apps for Windows phones?
User avatar
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Spotify

Post by not just souLLy now » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:32 am

pixel wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
I've been browsing through the social function, and unfortunately, I haven't found much from my friends. :( The iPhone app is tits. I might remove the music I've manually added through iTunes and just use Spotify. The ability of making iTunes playlists on my computer and then downloading for offline use on my iPod almost seems easier than docking.
That's basically what I do now, iTunes is used purely for video for me now.
If you know someone's username, you can view their social profile even if you're not their friend on Facebook, just do a search like: "spotify:user:soully".
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4974
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Spotify

Post by pixel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:16 pm

not just souLLy now wrote:
pixel wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
I've been browsing through the social function, and unfortunately, I haven't found much from my friends. :( The iPhone app is tits. I might remove the music I've manually added through iTunes and just use Spotify. The ability of making iTunes playlists on my computer and then downloading for offline use on my iPod almost seems easier than docking.
That's basically what I do now, iTunes is used purely for video for me now.
If you know someone's username, you can view their social profile even if you're not their friend on Facebook, just do a search like: "spotify:user:soully".
45 playlists. You have a lot. D:

Edit: If anyone is interested, my username is bigpixl
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11442
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Spotify

Post by Specially Cork » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm boneycork, or you can just find me through the Facebooks.

I like Spotify but don't use it a lot, mainly because music piracy is so common in China. All the major labels here just signed off on free streaming and downloads of all their music in exchange for banner-ad revenue.
Image
Post Reply