BlackBerry questions

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BlackBerry questions

Post by ccb_v2 »

I'm looking into getting a Blackberry Curve but am curious about the apps... are there any cool apps you seem to use a lot? I've been browsing to see what there is... and are you limited on how many apps you can have on the phone? I would imagine so, but is it limited by internal memory only or does it also use the card too, etc. Questions questions...

Thanks!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: BlackBerry questions

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Speaking as an outsider here, but the impression I got is that the Blackberry doesn't have anywhere near the software library enjoyed by other platforms. Its OS is also more dated in some ways.

What, specifically, are you looking to do with the phone?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Which Blackberry Curve? There are multiple variations. I had one of the original's from a few years ago and it was pretty awful. My girlfriend has the Curve 8520 (I think) and it's pretty awful. She has constant issues with the earpiece not working. Don't get one.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Was looking at the 8530. Liked what I saw when I messed with a friend's... i'm just curious what apps are out there that one would use...
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Everyone I know with a BlackBerry (except for one fanboy) has either ditched it, or is currently in the process of ditching it. May I suggest another phone with a good OS? Android, WebOS, I-OS etc...

Also, just a rule of thumb: If you're planning on upgrading your phone's os version, make sure first you have a way of reverting. Some people (my brother) upgrade their phone which worked perfectly fine, only to find the new version really glitchy, and then sit around and complain until you revert it back for them.