Post your iPods

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Post your iPods

Post by melancholy »

Eviltaco64X wrote:
melancholy wrote:On a related note, however, I still have my old Rio PMP300, which by some miracle still works perfectly. 32MB and $199 when I got it for Christmas of 98'. How times have changed...
Ha, I found one of those at a yard sale once. It was in perfect condition, but the guy gave me the wrong charger for it so I ended up exchanging it for some odd proprietary mini-disc mp3 player from around 2001.
Charger? It used a single AA battery. If you mean the sync cable, though, it was a pain because it had to go through a parallel port via some pass-through adapter with a single plug for the cable. It required special drivers that only worked up until Windows ME.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote:
melancholy wrote:On a related note, however, I still have my old Rio PMP300, which by some miracle still works perfectly. 32MB and $199 when I got it for Christmas of 98'. How times have changed...
Ha, I found one of those at a yard sale once. It was in perfect condition, but the guy gave me the wrong charger for it so I ended up exchanging it for some odd proprietary mini-disc mp3 player from around 2001.
Charger? It used a single AA battery. If you mean the sync cable, though, it was a pain because it had to go through a parallel port via some pass-through adapter with a single plug for the cable. It required special drivers that only worked up until Windows ME.

Shut the fuck up, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I have a 1st gen iPod Touch (32GB), and Eva has a 2nd gen iPod Touch (16GB).

To go with that, we have one of those ring-shaped speaker docks in the kitchen, which doesn't work with her iPod (she original got it for an iPod Video, which she no longer has). We also have an Acoustic Research ART1 (very nice alarm clock unit) in the bedroom.

I'm also building an AM transmitter with an integrated iPod dock. The eventual idea is to have one antique (1930s) wood radio in each major room of the house, and have the transmitter in the living room so we can use an iPod with the old radios as a simple multi-room music system.

My Pre Plus can also technically serve as an MP3 player, but it's sort of feature-bare in that regard.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I forget what it is called, but a little jailbreak app lets you use your ipod touch/iphone on a lot of stuff made for ipod videos and such. I used it on mine and so far it has worked with everything that it was not spost to.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I've never owned an iPod. Point in fact, I don't think I've ever owned any Apple product, at least not that I can recall. Not much against them, it's just for the longest time iPods were too expensive compared to competitors, especially considering what I wanted out of them.

I don't have a huge MP3 or CD collection, that probably is a big factor. The first MP3 player I can remember getting was a VCD/MP3 player. It was Chinese, and you couldn't do video out unless it was plugged in (though oddly, it would play the MP2 track off the VCD, just no video). The battery lasted like 4 or 5 hours on a single charge, and after like 15 or 20, it only lasted like 10 minutes. I gave it to a friend of mine to play with. At some point after that, I bought a VCD/MP3 player with screen - this made sense at the time because back then portable DVD players cost like $900. It was a piece of junk, and I sold it for about what I paid.

For quite a while after that, I used a Walkman with a two hour mix tape cassette. Yeah, I was cool like that in high school. At some point shortly after, I got a gift of this thing:

Yeah, MP3 watch. Only had 32 megs, which was fairly low even then (64 or 128 was fairly standard). It got irksome having such a limited space, even for me, but the upside was I ran a headphone extender up my sleeve and listened with ear buds. This was in Michigan, and I usually wore my bigass coat with high collar in class, so it was impossible to tell. Good times. Also, the ear buds I used came with the watch - and they were quite good, shockingly. I still have the thing somewhere, probably still works. Battery might not be good anymore though.

At some point after that, I got a Sony MP3 CD player. It got like 80 hours of battery life on AAs, and I could carry spares. But it broke. Sad. I think it got thrown out, though it might be in a box somewhere. After it broke, I went back to the Walkman for a short bit.

Then I jumped onto a sinking ship and got this thing:

Yeah, I bought a very late model Walkman. It's a Hi-MD though, so it came with a 1 GB disc, which is all I ever use. So basically it's a 1 GB player. And I bought it on clearance for like $35, at a time when a comparable MP3 player would have been closer to $100. It lasts for almost 40 hours on 1 AA battery. I just left it in my car with cassette adapter all the time. It's cheap enough that if it gets stolen, I don't mind.

So, at some point I decided to upgrade the thing. And got something by Sony yet again. Another Walkman.

8 GB MP3 Walkman, that is. 2.4" screen, can play quite good video. Like 3 or 4 months after I got it, the thing fell out of my pocket in a theatre. When I went back to check for it, it was gone - probably stolen. So I started using the Minidisc player again.

But, just recently, I got a rather significant upgrade.

Droid X, my new phone. It's pretty spiffy. I loaded up only the MP3 tracks I really wanted on the thing, which amounts to a bit over 1 GB as of now. That will probably grow, but likely will never get higher than 3 or 4 gigs.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Zealous zerotype wrote:I forget what it is called, but a little jailbreak app lets you use your ipod touch/iphone on a lot of stuff made for ipod videos and such. I used it on mine and so far it has worked with everything that it was not spost to.
I'll have to look into that. Eva's is the real problem, though; the 1st gen iPod Touch still works with a few things the iPhone and all later versions of both devices lock out, so my iPod is fine with the dock. Hers is the one that won't communicate with it... and she doesn't want to jailbreak it until it is end-of-lifed from the software side (read: no more firmware updates available). Mine has already reached that point (the 1st gen was shut out of iOS4), so it's been jailbroken.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Zealous zerotype wrote:I forget what it is called, but a little jailbreak app lets you use your ipod touch/iphone on a lot of stuff made for ipod videos and such. I used it on mine and so far it has worked with everything that it was not spost to.
I'll have to look into that. Eva's is the real problem, though; the 1st gen iPod Touch still works with a few things the iPhone and all later versions of both devices lock out, so my iPod is fine with the dock. Hers is the one that won't communicate with it... and she doesn't want to jailbreak it until it is end-of-lifed from the software side (read: no more firmware updates available). Mine has already reached that point (the 1st gen was shut out of iOS4), so it's been jailbroken.

Eva's is giving you problems? We know who that is? We follow your life?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

My girlfriend. I thought that was pretty easy to figure out in the context of my earlier post. Way to infer meaning from the context :roll:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

So she's one of those people who think jailbreaking it is going to actually break the device or that it makes any difference at all in the grand scheme of things. I jailbroke my iPhones the minute I tooke them out of the box.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

bizzle wrote:So she's one of those people who think jailbreaking it is going to actually break the device or that it makes any difference at all in the grand scheme of things. I jailbroke my iPhones the minute I tooke them out of the box.
More like she doesn't want to deal with the added hassle each firmware update brings for jailbroken devices.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

My girlfriend. I thought that was pretty easy to figure out in the context of my earlier post. Way to infer meaning from the context :roll:

You can go fuck yourself.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

You can go fuck yourself.
MAXIMUM TROLL.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Just picked this up today. Does it count?