COVID 19 Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: COVID 19 Thread

Post by cube_b3 »

I got hit.
I am very lucky it wasn't bad but man this shit fucks you up.
It has been over 3 weeks. Medically i'm clear however I lost my sense of smell and half my brain functioning.
The worst part was that I quit my job in mid Jan to restart CubeB3 - my marketing company and a week later I got covid.
My clients are not happy and even after recovering I have moderate brain fog.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Shit mang, thats not good

Ive got brain fog too. I feel like its because the stress and anxiety of this year have just overloaded my mental capacity for clear thinking and made me subconciously lose communication skills. This year aged me 3 years. But i found out recently how to get a covid antibody test, so im going to be getting that asap because i want to know.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Eviltaco64X wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm
legit nyck wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am Hello how are you all? Did they survive the plague? Are you still playing pso? 😆😆😆
I'm pretty happy that an English-language version PSO2 is finally out on Steam.
I played on the Japanese servers for a little bit in 2014 with a bunch of patches after it was evident that a western release wasn't happening and it was a huge pain to setup. It finally showed up 8 years late but as a Microsoft Store exclusive. Fortunately(?) people ran into enough trouble downloading it from the MS Store that they just put it on Steam.
I didn't know that ... honestly, I've been away from the PSO for a few years ... yet wondering why the Japanese / Chinese haven't asked permission from -CRAB- to open a ship on the sylverant ... all this is very strange and confused ... at first I thought it was due to the fact that sylverant is not known in western Asia ... but after so many years online I don't believe in this possibility anymore ... so why ???
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

now speaking seriously i'm sorry for everyone who lost a loved one ... i also had losses but we must believe that better days will come !!! a hug to all be well
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

cube_b3 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm I got hit.
I am very lucky it wasn't bad but man this shit fucks you up.
It has been over 3 weeks. Medically i'm clear however I lost my sense of smell and half my brain functioning.
The worst part was that I quit my job in mid Jan to restart CubeB3 - my marketing company and a week later I got covid.
My clients are not happy and even after recovering I have moderate brain fog.
Brain fog sucks. I used to get it as a side effect of migraines all the time a little over a decade ago. At its onset, the sensation felt somewhat like a circuit shorting out. My memory would be intact, but everything my mind was subconsciously prioritizing and organizing around was "reset". It could make whatever I was doing at the time disorienting and even lose its sense of purpose or reasoning to a degree. The situation got bad enough that I started keeping a journal where I'd document everything I ate, drank, hrs of sleep each day I got one. I figured out my "trigger foods/drinks" by trial and error, but it was well worth it. I get them very infrequently now (every few months instead of multiple times a week) and I still get brain fog sometimes, but can usually snap out of it through either exercise, fasting, or both.

I wish you well in your recovery. Good health is the spice of life.
legit nyck wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 am
Eviltaco64X wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm
legit nyck wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am Hello how are you all? Did they survive the plague? Are you still playing pso? 😆😆😆
I'm pretty happy that an English-language version PSO2 is finally out on Steam.
I played on the Japanese servers for a little bit in 2014 with a bunch of patches after it was evident that a western release wasn't happening and it was a huge pain to setup. It finally showed up 8 years late but as a Microsoft Store exclusive. Fortunately(?) people ran into enough trouble downloading it from the MS Store that they just put it on Steam.
I didn't know that ... honestly, I've been away from the PSO for a few years ... yet wondering why the Japanese / Chinese haven't asked permission from -CRAB- to open a ship on the sylverant ... all this is very strange and confused ... at first I thought it was due to the fact that sylverant is not known in western Asia ... but after so many years online I don't believe in this possibility anymore ... so why ???
I'm happy to see how big Sylverant has become. I've seen it mentioned in places far and wide.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Past monday I got the first dose of sinovac, next one in 3 weeks, hope more people take the shot so it makes the difference.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Juan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm Past monday I got the first dose of sinovac, next one in 3 weeks, hope more people take the shot so it makes the difference.

congratulations here in my country first the Indians are being vaccinated hahaha the elderly and then the obese ... lastly it will be the working class ... I fit into that last class... :(
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

Juan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm Past monday I got the first dose of sinovac, next one in 3 weeks, hope more people take the shot so it makes the difference.

Glad to hear you got vaccinated. I hope the rest of you and your families can get your vaccine as soon as possible. We're not through this yet, but we are getting there.
1 Vaccine is out in Japan now, but only for medical workers. Next is the elderly, which is gonna take awhile. Looks like people like myself wont be able to get it until this summer.

My whole immediate family now in the states have been vaccinated. The second shot had my sister running a high fever for about 3 days, but she's past it now. My 16 year old nephew was lucky enough to get the vaccine also, so I feel a lot better about him going back to school in the next few months. The lack of school and socializing has really gotten to him.

My aunt and her family refuse to get the vaccine for fear of being "tracked by the government." Needless to say they are Qanon nutcases, and I have cut them out of my life at this point. Those people are seriously gonna ruin this for all of us and keep covid around for the foreseeable future.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

@taco and @weasel.
Thanks for the well wishes.

I found out some good science behind the brain fog here:
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... 4m2p0aTOLQ

I've had a number of covid complications, I was simultaneously hit with a 250k lawsuit. The stress of it all forced me to shut down my company again. It has been a bad year... mind and health wise.

EvilTaco, I really like your idea of identifying triggers. My first step was to unburden myself. Get a low pressure mid level digital marketing job. The thing is that I can not exercise, I've been trying but my muscles cramp up all to quickly.... but food has a lot of triggers... Did you consult any websites or external sources to manage the fog?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well it's 23rd March 2021 and we're still in lockdown. That's officially one year since we were first told to stay at home with Boris promising it will be reviewed after 3 weeks. I don't think even the biggest pessimist thought it would be dragging on this long.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I managed to get an appointment for my first dose of a vaccine coming up this week. I'm still not absolutely sure which one I'll be getting, but if the spacing between doses is correct, it looks like I'll be getting the Moderna one.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Wife got her first vaccine this week. She had a fever and felt shit for a day.

As a (somewhat) young guy with no health issues I'll be right down the bottom of the list but hopefully not too long to wait.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and was a little achy and tired after the second. My review: 10/10, all hail Bill Gates

A few of my meetings are still remote, which is fine with me. I think that the meeting etiquette has improved during the pandemic, so online meetings are preferred to running across town to see people.

Fewer and fewer people are wearing masks at the office, but there's still a good number seen out in public common spaces. I think that's a good balance to help curb some of the illnesses that go around. Plus, I really prefer wearing a mask and sunglasses at the grocery store like a shut-in. :lol:

The summer should be interesting. I bought season passes to the local waterpark on New Years Eve 2019, and had them pushed to this summer. It'll probably be crazy out there, but it'll be nice to get some more sun. We even have a vacation planned, so things are getting back to normal.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

pixel wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 am Plus, I really prefer wearing a mask and sunglasses at the grocery store like a shut-in. :lol:
Mask mandates make everything look like the old west sometimes. Everybody at the store looks like they're gonna rob it, but they're just there to shop.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by S. Thompson »

Hope everyone is doing well... can't believe I was such a deadbeat that I failed to log in and check up on how things were going over the past year.

- ST
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Got one vaccine dose, and another booked for August, what a relief.

My job is talking about piloting people back in the office, but it sounds like there's a good chance of flexible working at least for the medium term which is good. The thought of spending 2+ hours commuting a day again, and going back to trying to concentrate in a massive open-plan office is not a good feeling. There's some things I miss about office life, but it's definitely not something I'm in a rush to do 5 days a week.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Fully vaccinated and life should be going pretty much back to normal on the 19th. Crazy seeing a lot of Asia still struggling with it and Japan banning all spectators from the Olympics. Especially with Euro 2020 going on and Wembley stadium at 75% capacity.

Some countries still seem to be working under the idea that if they close their borders and wait it will all go away.

My employer has decided to go full remote. We're giving up half our office space as the lease ends in August - the other half will then just be bookable hot-desks if you want to come in. Will be signing a new contract next week which removes all clauses about being required in the office which is pretty cool. Frees me up to completely move away (which we want to do) without job hunting first.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Unfortunately this disease took some friends of mine and also family... and brought nothing good in life anyone's
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Specially Cork wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:08 pm Fully vaccinated and life should be going pretty much back to normal on the 19th.
Specially Cork wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:08 pmby Specially Cork » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:08 pm

:lol:
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Yeah way too optimistic with that. That said, we are pretty much back to normal now. Think the only remaining significant restriction is 5 days isolation if you've got it - but that might be going in March too.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for zero-covid countries to break.