COVID 19 Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: COVID 19 Thread

Post by cube_b3 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm

I got hit.
I am very lucky it wasn't bad but man this shit fucks you up.
It has been over 3 weeks. Medically i'm clear however I lost my sense of smell and half my brain functioning.
The worst part was that I quit my job in mid Jan to restart CubeB3 - my marketing company and a week later I got covid.
My clients are not happy and even after recovering I have moderate brain fog.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by I.M. Weasel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:16 am

Shit mang, thats not good

Ive got brain fog too. I feel like its because the stress and anxiety of this year have just overloaded my mental capacity for clear thinking and made me subconciously lose communication skills. This year aged me 3 years. But i found out recently how to get a covid antibody test, so im going to be getting that asap because i want to know.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
legit nyck
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Been liked: 0

Post by legit nyck » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 am

Eviltaco64X wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm
legit nyck wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am
Hello how are you all? Did they survive the plague? Are you still playing pso? 😆😆😆
I'm pretty happy that an English-language version PSO2 is finally out on Steam.
I played on the Japanese servers for a little bit in 2014 with a bunch of patches after it was evident that a western release wasn't happening and it was a huge pain to setup. It finally showed up 8 years late but as a Microsoft Store exclusive. Fortunately(?) people ran into enough trouble downloading it from the MS Store that they just put it on Steam.
I didn't know that ... honestly, I've been away from the PSO for a few years ... yet wondering why the Japanese / Chinese haven't asked permission from -CRAB- to open a ship on the sylverant ... all this is very strange and confused ... at first I thought it was due to the fact that sylverant is not known in western Asia ... but after so many years online I don't believe in this possibility anymore ... so why ???
PSO Info:
Characters:
( HUmar legit nyck Lv 51 Via :Dreamcast Ver.1 *inactive)
( HUcast KIREEK Lv 46 Via : Dreamcast Ver.1)
legit nyck
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Been liked: 0

Post by legit nyck » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 am

now speaking seriously i'm sorry for everyone who lost a loved one ... i also had losses but we must believe that better days will come !!! a hug to all be well
PSO Info:
Characters:
( HUmar legit nyck Lv 51 Via :Dreamcast Ver.1 *inactive)
( HUcast KIREEK Lv 46 Via : Dreamcast Ver.1)
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Eviltaco64X » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:59 pm

cube_b3 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm
I got hit.
I am very lucky it wasn't bad but man this shit fucks you up.
It has been over 3 weeks. Medically i'm clear however I lost my sense of smell and half my brain functioning.
The worst part was that I quit my job in mid Jan to restart CubeB3 - my marketing company and a week later I got covid.
My clients are not happy and even after recovering I have moderate brain fog.
Brain fog sucks. I used to get it as a side effect of migraines all the time a little over a decade ago. At its onset, the sensation felt somewhat like a circuit shorting out. My memory would be intact, but everything my mind was subconsciously prioritizing and organizing around was "reset". It could make whatever I was doing at the time disorienting and even lose its sense of purpose or reasoning to a degree. The situation got bad enough that I started keeping a journal where I'd document everything I ate, drank, hrs of sleep each day I got one. I figured out my "trigger foods/drinks" by trial and error, but it was well worth it. I get them very infrequently now (every few months instead of multiple times a week) and I still get brain fog sometimes, but can usually snap out of it through either exercise, fasting, or both.

I wish you well in your recovery. Good health is the spice of life.
legit nyck wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 am
Eviltaco64X wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm
legit nyck wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am
Hello how are you all? Did they survive the plague? Are you still playing pso? 😆😆😆
I'm pretty happy that an English-language version PSO2 is finally out on Steam.
I played on the Japanese servers for a little bit in 2014 with a bunch of patches after it was evident that a western release wasn't happening and it was a huge pain to setup. It finally showed up 8 years late but as a Microsoft Store exclusive. Fortunately(?) people ran into enough trouble downloading it from the MS Store that they just put it on Steam.
I didn't know that ... honestly, I've been away from the PSO for a few years ... yet wondering why the Japanese / Chinese haven't asked permission from -CRAB- to open a ship on the sylverant ... all this is very strange and confused ... at first I thought it was due to the fact that sylverant is not known in western Asia ... but after so many years online I don't believe in this possibility anymore ... so why ???
I'm happy to see how big Sylverant has become. I've seen it mentioned in places far and wide.