New version of XDP?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Maturion
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New version of XDP?

Post by Maturion »

I am a member of the XDP mailing list and yesterday I got this email:
I'm very happy to announce the fourth and probably final release of
XDP. This one features some nice graphical changes and has the VMU
loading bug fixed. It's currently being uploaded over my dialup
connection which will take a while, but download links will appear when
it is finished.

-Ex
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: New version of XDP?

Post by Basil »

Yeah ! They`ve updated the site too .
http://www.psilocybindreams.com/index.php
dream devil
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dream devil »

XDP is the best web browser for dc. xdp has been made with a great and dedicated work.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

So is the ban on XDP lifted again? I understand it, but it seems almost back-asswards.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Sir Savant wrote:So is the ban on XDP lifted again? I understand it, but it seems almost back-asswards.
It probably isn't all too accurate ot talk of bans on discussion of particular software as our last few attempts at clarifying the rules on this sort of thing have stalled, as we've been unable to agree even on what the current rules permit. The only action related to XDP that has so far been taken is that the previously-deleted 80-odd page thread on it was restored from deletion about a year-and-a-half ago.

Of late here's been a general shift towards a more tolerant attitude as regards some of the previously more-contraversial elements of the Dreamcast scene (and those of other consoles as well)--it probably wouldn't take much effort to find a dozen other things we have since permitted discussion of with little fuss that could probably be considered more objectionable from a legal and/or moral standpoint, but given the forums' diminishing popularity and Sega's complete lack of interest in the Dreamcast at this point, I doubt we need be that concerned.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!