Ugh NesterDC SE CD Builder

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ugh NesterDC SE CD Builder

Post by Saiyan Eye »

:evil:

Okay been out of the DC scene for a while so bear with me okay :p
This is Nester DC SE (2005-12-10)
Well, for some reason the NesterDC CD Builder isn't working for me the CD builder says everything works fine, but when it switches to the dos apps thats when everything goes bananas. Well I was getting pissed at that so I then found a SBI of Nester and burned it, and it booted up fine. But the games are not found when I try to browse. The games are supposed to be in ...\inducer\library\roms correct? And before you ask, no they games are not in separate folders.

Here are the two errors I get with the CD Builder in the DOS programs it switches to...

First DOS app...

Code: Select all

mkisofs:  No such file or directory.  Non-existent or inaccessible:  datatemp/..
then after all that gets finished the other DOS app says...

Code: Select all

CDI2nero 0.9 beta8 - (C) 2001 by DeXt

Searching file: 'image.cdi'
Not found.  Trying 'image.cdi.cdi' instead

image.cdi.cdi:  No such file or directory
Plz help thanks...did i just forget how do do all this shits? :oops:

Also another question about the CD builder. Okay, it zips your roms for you I have noticed but it seems to only zip some of them. I would like to have the other 600 or so roms on my disk. The only thing is I don't know what games the CD builder zipped up because of it renaming them to ###.zip. I am just a confused individual that seeks help from whomever it may be.
--==--
Christuserloeser

Re: Ugh NesterDC SE CD Builder

Post by Christuserloeser »

Saiyan Eye wrote:Well, for some reason the NesterDC CD Builder isn't working for me the CD builder says everything works fine, but when it switches to the dos apps thats when everything goes bananas.
Sounds like another reason for Scherzo to update SE...

Problem is that you are likely using Vista and the DOS apps used within the builder don't work in Vista. The later versions of BootDreams and SiZiOUS' CDI4DC update to SBInducer have been updated to fix this problem.

What you could to as a workaround is using the installer to set up your disc and then to burn the /datatemp/ folder with BootDreams or SBInducer.
Saiyan Eye wrote:Well I was getting pissed at that so I then found a SBI of Nester and burned it, and it booted up fine. But the games are not found when I try to browse. The games are supposed to be in ...\inducer\library\roms correct?
Yeah, but they have to be set up by the CD builder and can't be just thrown in there manually. You need the CD builder to create the needed disc layout. - That makes the SBI entirely worthless (I can't really remember why Curt released it).

All you can do is to just delete everything in /Inducer/ and copy the content of /datatemp/ to it. Then start SBInducer and burn it.

Okay, it zips your roms for you I have noticed but it seems to only zip some of them. I would like to have the other 600 or so roms on my disk. The only thing is I don't know what games the CD builder zipped up because of it renaming them to ###.zip.
The emulator's CD builder does only support some games. Those it didn't zip aren't supported. I guess you can just replace the ones in the Zips but as you wrote, they're renamed to numbers...

You could support us and vote for an update to SE here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96008
Insane homebrew collector.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ugh NesterDC SE CD Builder

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Christuserloeser wrote:
Saiyan Eye wrote:Well, for some reason the NesterDC CD Builder isn't working for me the CD builder says everything works fine, but when it switches to the dos apps thats when everything goes bananas.
Sounds like another reason for Scherzo to update SE...

Problem is that you are likely using Vista and the DOS apps used within the builder don't work in Vista. The later versions of BootDreams and SiZiOUS' CDI4DC update to SBInducer have been updated to fix this problem.
Actually I am using Windows XP with SP2.
Thanks for clearing everything else up somewhat, I will burn tonight probably. I will let you know how that goes.
--==--