New Donk: Samurai Duck video

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Donk: Samurai Duck video

Post by JKKDARK »

DJGeki uploaded a video from Donk: Samurai Duck, the upcoming homebrew commercial game for Dreamcast.
The video shows the gameplay, check it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnXl8l63oE
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: New Donk: Samurai Duck video

Post by emptythought »

Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Insane homebrew collector.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

That exceeded my expectations :D
Christuserloeser

Yeah, mine too. Looks excellent. :D
Christuserloeser

The Cryptic Allusion team uploaded a hi-resolution version of the Donk: Samurai Duck trailer:

http://www.cagames.com/files/Donk-HiRes-audio.mov

Source: Cryptic Allusion Forums
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

looks awesome... its so awesome to know that the dreamcast lives... too bad we can't get a company like good deal games to try and publish unreleased DC games likes they did with the sega cd
crabcakes
Christuserloeser

From http://www.cagames.com:
Starting tomorrow, Cryptic Allusion (namely, me) will be posting a screenshot of an unseen, newly artisted (Yay! I made up a word) level of Donk! We'll finish off the the stint of sweet posts on the first of January and add another special something that I'll be putting together over the week and a half ahead of us.

Let's hope what I’m planning actually works out ^_^, but I'm sure you'll all enjoy the new screenshots at the very least!

Now for a slight bit of bad news: as you may have guessed, we've once again underestimated the amount of work and time this project would consume. We're still working like crazy people, but I'm not going to announce another 'estimated release date' for Donk until I know for sure that we're going to be able to meet it. It really shouldn't be too much farther into the future, but I refuse to disappoint everyone yet again (after this time of course) by missing a release date. Truthfully, it pains me to have to write something like that, but we can't let Donk get out there and be a poor version of what is supposed to be a great platformer. Thank you for your understanding, or your need to kick us square in our nether regions...at least you're being honest! ^_^

I'll end with a positive note: Cryptic Allusion WILL release this game on Dreamcast in the not-so-distant future. We've already got pre-orders! We promise to release it! Plus, I'm going to try to get a comparative screenshot at some point tonight as an early bonus...just so you can see the difference between the two sets of graphics.