Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for Dreamcast

Post by ZacMc » Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:33 pm

http://cvforums.wolfnet.org/YaBB.cgi?bo ... 1019503574
Crt0 wrote:A lot of discussion has sprung up about Sega Genesis emulation lately: the need for a fast/accurate emulator, and the possibilities of Sega CD / 32x emulation in the future. What I'd like to ask now, is, out of all the people that visit this site, are there any that have programming experience (in any of the following: C for any PC-like platform, or Dreamcast; M68k assembly; SH4 assembly) and would like to be part of a new project to start a Genesis emulator, from scratch, optimized from the ground up for the Sega Dreamcast console? Realize that it may be a large task, but the results could be impressive. If you have any interest (only if you are serious and dedicated), please leave a post with contact information in this thread. Thanks.

update: Also, detailed technical documents on the Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and Sega 32x hardware would be appreciated.
Gundam ZZ
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gundam ZZ » Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:27 pm

That sounds awesome, with only one Genesis emulator on the horizon (discluding the banished one), it's something to look forward to. And at least we know crt0 is true to his word.
cubgrant23
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by cubgrant23 » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:05 am

ive had some programming experience in c and c++, but its kinda limited, but i do understand the concepts of these languages, however i dont really understand anything but these. id love to help as much as i can. if i can be of help. drop me a line.
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:57 pm

Do you guys have any testers left? Ill gladly help test for bugs and other things. This project sounds rather good, and should be a success. Also, you guys should ask Atani for some tips, if you guys need some help.
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc » Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:04 pm

Don't ask to be a beta tester.. If you looked at the original topic at CV you would see that someone already got flamed for asking t beta test
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous » Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:47 pm

ZacMc wrote:Don't ask to be a beta tester.. If you looked at the original topic at CV you would see that someone already got flamed for asking t beta test
Oh, sorry man. :cry: I didnt get a chance to read that topic at CV because my AOL is acting funny. Oh, well... :(
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

?

Post by toastman » Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:23 pm

Also if you want to discuss this topic I suggest doing it in the Consolevision forum thread linked above. IIRC, crt0 doesn't visit this place too often.
No signature.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

well flamed lol

Post by reaper2k2 » Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:55 am

well i started the topic on a open source emulator project so every one could get into programing too lol

go to that board look for reaper2k2emu
Execution-Neu
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Execution-Neu » Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:29 am

sounds koo to me
Roy Campbell: SNAAAAAAAAKE!