Newbie DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Mitchypoo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Newbie DC

Post by Mitchypoo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Hey ya'll!!!
I bought myself a dreamcast today and i'm allready wanting to mod it, can anyone recommend anything for me to do it? It's a PAL dreamcast as i live in the uk. I already have a huge library of roms and i'm really interested in putting them onto my shiny new toy, problem it i have no idea where to start, do i need to get it chipped or modded in any way in order to do this? so yeah can you guys give me like the lowdown on the dc and what i can do to it please?
Mitchypoo xxx
Aurora
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Newbie DC

Post by Aurora » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm

Back it up.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:20 am

Mitchypoo wrote:Hey ya'll!!!
I bought myself a dreamcast today and i'm allready wanting to mod it, can anyone recommend anything for me to do it? It's a PAL dreamcast as i live in the uk. I already have a huge library of roms and i'm really interested in putting them onto my shiny new toy, problem it i have no idea where to start, do i need to get it chipped or modded in any way in order to do this? so yeah can you guys give me like the lowdown on the dc and what i can do to it please?
Mitchypoo xxx
Hi Mitchy,

First of all, allow me to congratulate you for your purchase, i'm sure it wasn't in vein. You shouldn't have to have it mod chipped or anything, most Dreamcasts are MIL-CD (CDR) compatible. The Dreamcast homebrew scene is comprised of multiple variations such as; emulation, ports, applications such as movie players, audio players, etc.

If you have Disc Juggler (cd-r burning software) definately check out DC Evolution, they have a lot of ports; such as Quake DC, Flight of the AMazon Queen, Beneath a Steel Sky, and also Beats of Rage collections 1 & 2, and more!

Search around this forum, ask questions if you can't find an answer, and have fun!

Welcome to DCEmulation! :thumbsup:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:24 am

Welcome to DCEmulation, Mitchypoo :)

Invizix, thanks for mentioning DCEvolution. I should mention that our servers are very very slow atm (about 5-10 kbyte/s, we used to have 500 kbyte/s just a few weeks ago). We are working on solving this problem. In the meantime we recommend to use a download manager so you can resume broken downloads.

Oh, and btw, another good program to burn DiscJuggler images would be Alcohol120%. You can download a free trial here: http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_120.php
Insane homebrew collector.