AES4All Feedback discussion.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
TseTinGFunG
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AES4All Feedback discussion.

Post by TseTinGFunG »

Have most people downloaded the new version of AES4all? I just wanted to hear how people went trying certain roms on this version. Is it true you have to reconvert the roms again and does this help performance in any way?
Now Playing - Counter-Strike Dreamcast (CSDC) Beta 5.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I tried the *nix version and had graphic problems with some games like Blazing Star and Art of Fighting 3 (converted from current MAME sets). Big roms ran like on a Dreamcast, with all the choppiness; but some small games ran pretty good.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

So, I worked around the graphic problems by using NeoRageX romsets. The thing is, the ROMRC file included with AES4ALL expects newer MAME sets (at least the .bin extension); so I'd suggest to use NeoRage sets and either rename the files according to the ROMRC or the other way around.
Also, there seem to be useless prefetches; they're in the folder but when it comes to converting the sets they're not used. (BTW rename neoturf.pre to turfmast.pre if you want it to be recognized)

I hope they sort out this things in upcoming releases.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Ok, I've made a couple of CDs and I came up to this conclusion:

DO NOT USE THE -ARCADE SWITCH WHEN CONVERTING ROMSETS

It makes games with prefetches unplayable (I'm guessing those were made with AES roms) and for some reason, pressing the D button (Y in the Dreamcast default config) in MVS mode pauses the emulation.

Other than that, stick to smaller games. Big sets, whether they have a prefetch file or not, are pretty much unplayable.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I can't get this to work... I've NEVER had a problem with AES4all's earlier versions... When I boot up the CD the menu and all that are fine... But then there are problems... I click on "Open Rom" and a window pops up and then dissapears... I've tried this with a "Roms" folder and without... And it does the same thing...

Help please :)

The Single AES version works with the roms... I now have a near perfect version of Fatal Fury... But with a damn 3 credit limit *grumble grumble*

:)
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Posted this at DCEmu UK a few minutes ago:
Chui released a bugfix for Neo4All/AES aka AES4All. It fixes problems with the ROM Converter 'Convertneo':

Convertneo had a stupid bug, please download newest fix:
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/aes4all-beta2-fix.rar

- For those of you having problems to use the command-line based Convertneo.exe, we have uploaded the Windows frontend ncGUI by DrCacho to our cFiles Downloads:

Get it HERE and extract it to your \AES4All\Windows\Convertneo\ folder (or wherever Convertneo.exe is located). Then copy your zipped ROMs into the same folder and click on ncGUI.exe to start the .ZIP to .AES conversion.

Happy Gaming. :)
Insane homebrew collector.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

It still needs some pseudo NeoRage sets and the Arcade mode remains broken... What's different?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Can't you use the UniBIOS to run it in arcade mode?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Yes, you can. However, it seems only v1.2 is compatible with AES4All.
DCS Wiki entry about AES4ALL wrote:Rename "UNI-BIOS.ROM" to "AES-BIOS.BIN" and put it along with the other BIOS files in your /WINDOWS/CONVERTNEO/BIOS/ folder. Then convert your games.

Note that only Uni-BIOS v1.2 will work with the Dreamcast version of Neo4All/AES. Thanks to SUPNEO for the info.
Insane homebrew collector.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

^ Has anyone tried that with the new version?
Juan wrote:It still needs some pseudo NeoRage sets and the Arcade mode remains broken... What's different?
Anyone?