IP.BIN Writer 0.1.3

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IP.BIN Writer 0.1.3

Post by emptythought »

- fixed date overwrite bug
- improved the core, faster, progress bar
- removes ECC stuff from extracted IP.BINs
- generate device info CRC (required by IP0000.BINs)
- make IP0000.BIN
- context menus have been removed
- strip, add, extract MR logo from IP.BINs
- extract MR logo from CD images
- extract Sega and TM MR logo from IP.BIN and CD images

Context menu (right-click menu) never worked exactly right on XP so it is gone. A tip for you would be to add a shortcut of the program to the Send To menu (this is what I have done).

I do not know how ECCs are generated so unfortunately you can not add or remove MR logos from CD images.

http://dchelp.dcemulation.org/?IP.BIN_Writer
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: IP.BIN Writer 0.1.3

Post by az_bont »

fackue wrote:I do not know how ECCs are generated so unfortunately you can not add or remove MR logos from CD images.
I believe most CD writing software will correct any erroneous ECC data on-the-fly before burning the disc. This is why patches for game disc images don't bother altering the ECC.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

fackue wrote:- extract Sega and TM MR logo from IP.BIN and CD images
You mean, the ones in the "This software was made or licensed by Sega Enterprises" screen that appears when you boot a disc? Is it possible to replace it?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

You mean, the ones in the "This software was made or licensed by Sega Enterprises" screen that appears when you boot a disc? Is it possible to replace it?
Yeah, those MR logos. This was already done on kRYPT_'s MR program - I figured it was cool enough to add.

One other thing that I don't think any other MR program does is remove the full MR logo, since on normal IP.BINs the largest MR logo size in bytes is 8192 (offhand). Bleem has a changed IP.BIN - their logo is 12 something KB. IP.BIN Writer will remove the entire 12 something KB rather than removing what is in the 8192 byte field.

You can read more about what's acceptable to change at Marcus' page. But no, they can't be changed.
az_bont wrote:
fackue wrote:I do not know how ECCs are generated so unfortunately you can not add or remove MR logos from CD images.
I believe most CD writing software will correct any erroneous ECC data on-the-fly before burning the disc. This is why patches for game disc images don't bother altering the ECC.
AFAIK you might be right. I never looked into that. I know bin2boot does not generate ECCs.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I'd really like to see this sort of thing on BeOS and other non-windows platforms. One less reason to have to have Winblows or Linux installed!