AFS repacker

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
dbzj14
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AFS repacker

Post by dbzj14 »

Hello, does anyone know if there is such a program that will repack .adx files back into an .afs archive? I have tried google and many other sources and cannot seem to find one, so I was wondering if anyone had heard of one or know where I can obtain one. And help would be great, thanks.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Look for "AFS Explorer". You could use DKZ Studio too, but that has more features than you require.

They're both oriented to Winning Eleven modding, and since some WE versions use AFS files, they manage that format.
dbzj14
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dbzj14 »

Cool, thanks for the reply!. I decided to useDKZ studio because the extra features actually come in handy for me. But I am confused on how to use it still, I have all my .adx files loaded into the window, but how exactly to I export all of my adx files to a single afs archive?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

You mean import? I don't remember exactly, it's been a while since I did WE modding, but I think it's something simple like right click - import over the file.
dbzj14
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dbzj14 »

What I mean is that I imported all my adx files into the project, now I want to save all my adx files into 1 afs file.

Basically, I extracted the adx files from an afs file. I then changed the adx files to new ones with different music, now I need to create a new afs file with my new adx files.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

is this not against forum rules?
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Darksaviour69 wrote:is this not against forum rules?
Why? Is the ADX format a license only format like MP3 that I'm sure you never managed to violate a few times with unlicensed players or encoders?

Even if he got the AFS files off a Dreamcast disk so what, fair use applies. At least in this case he isn't going off to a warez site and pirating the OST.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i thought it was against the forum rules to discuss ripping dreamcast games, in any shape or form. e.g. http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewto ... hlight=afs

I did not say if it was legal or not, i just asked if it was against forum rules/policy.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

ADX and AFS are used in XBox, PS2, Dreamcast, Saturn and probably a few Playstation games that I know of for sure. Coming to a DC forum would make sense as ADX was used almost exclusively.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
dbzj14
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dbzj14 »

Darksaviour69 wrote:is this not against forum rules?
jeez, you trying to be a mod or something by trying to get me in trouble? All I am asking is how to repack adx files into a afs file, period.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i thought moding commercial dreamcast games was against forum policy (i'm pretty sure it was in the past). But fair enough, he did not ask about a specific game, but that why i asked "is this not against forum rules?" and did not state "this is against forum rules".

How i'm I "firing everyone up" by asking a simple question?