DCGen Testing Results?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
chargrilled
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCGen Testing Results?

Post by chargrilled »

Hello all. Has anyone tried teh new DCGen? I was wondering what the improvements where over the last version. I would try it myself if my burner wasn't busted. Thanks
catfishman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by catfishman »

Well... It's probably something I've done, but once I pick a rom and the emu loads it, I press start (where it tells me to), The emu resets
I remember seeing the Atari 2600 (VCS / Sear's Telegames) when it was new and thinking "Oh my God! Look how realistic that stick-man looks... and everything is in colour! There's no way we can ever surpass this..."
Man, am I ever getting old!
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Very Nice Work

Post by DcSteve »

hello all, Dcsteve(a webmaster at dcemu) here, This Version is outstanding, thank you atani! :) . As said, this version has quite a few bugs, but it looks much improved over the previous version! I suggest everyone give this a try!
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Can anyone list some of the changes they've noticed over the previous version?
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Very Nice Work

Post by HyperG »

DcSteve wrote:hello all, Dcsteve(a webmaster at dcemu) here, This Version is outstanding, thank you atani! :) . As said, this version has quite a few bugs, but it looks much improved over the previous version! I suggest everyone give this a try!
Webmaster?? LoL! You got to be kidding me boy. Sorry if this is off topic, just ignore anything, like if he says he's a web-master. The REAL person that started it was 007cheater, and then right now Dr Zoidberg is the web-master for now I suppose, since he is taking care of updating the site .
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
sonicblur
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Changes...

Post by sonicblur »

[quote="mirrorsaw_2000"]Can anyone list some of the changes they've noticed over the previous version?[/quote]

Some changes I've noticed since last release:
The emulator is only fullscreen now.
Everything in fullscreen looks correct in this release... No flickering like the last one.
There's no sound anymore. (Instead of the nonworking sound in the last release, that wasn't really anything at all)
It's much faster.
There's a frameskip option, and you can manually set frames to skip yourself. (Sonic 1 runs full speed with a frameskip of 4, and seems quite playable. )

That's about it... I think.
(And I think he lists changes in the Readme file...)
j!mmybonez
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by j!mmybonez »

Webmaster?? LoL! You got to be kidding me boy. Sorry if this is off topic, just ignore anything, like if he says he's a web-master. The REAL person that started it was 007cheater, and then right now Dr Zoidberg is the web-master for now I suppose, since he is taking care of updating the site

wtf, do you even know what a webmaster is let me fill you in
<webmaster> (Sometimes "webmistress") The alias or role of the person(s) responsible for the development and maintenance of one or more web servers and/or some or all of the web pages at a web site. The term does not imply any particular level of skill or mastery (see "webmonkey
web?mas?ter Pronunciation Key (wbmstr)
n.
A person whose occupation is designing, developing, marketing, or maintaining websites
insanity isn't a choice, it's the answer
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Web-master

Post by DcSteve »

Sorry, im indeed not a web-master, I am only a newsposter, you can give me credit for that :lol:
bkcomic
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by bkcomic »

Wow... this degenerated into a huge topic of who-the-f u c k cares. Leave the arguments to personal messaging, for christ's sake. I'm interested in the Genesis emulator. So we've got full screen now? Sweet! Auto frame skip? Sweet! How about the color? In the last release, it seemed really blue/purple to me...
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

this is off topic i know but i nearly died laughing at this thread

sintex and dr z are running the site at the moment but 007 is still the boss pity he isnt around :cry:
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
j!mmybonez
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Re: Web-master

Post by j!mmybonez »

DcSteve wrote:Sorry, im indeed not a web-master, I am only a newsposter, you can give me credit for that :lol:
oh lordy, lord my bad (what have i done!) :o lol
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

I cant play anything without an message saying 'image corrupt' or without the game freezing up on me. Otherwise, it looks nice. Cant wait till its finished!