dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk and dchomebrew.org new site

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk and dchomebrew.org new site

Post by Quzar »

http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi

New site for file downloads. Has basically all released homebrew, demos, emulators, etc. If you find stuff that isn't on it, let it be known and it will be added.

This is the brainchild of DarkSavior69 and you can see what he had to say about it when announcing it Here
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Darksaviour69 »

thanks Quzar for posting, btw don't forget dcnews.co.uk
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Very nice :)
curtis_ray
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by curtis_ray »

i like the organization of the site.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

So we actually, finally got a relatively complete and up-to-date database of DC releases?

:bangin:
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

relatively complete
well i hopping it was complete, if you see anything missing either report it or submit it yourself (registered members can submit files, and the mods aprove it). Also that goes for any mistakes, or anything (if you have a screenshota of the app/game/emus that a screenshotless that submiting them would be helpfull too

Actually i need a few "staff" for cfiles

next i want to set the same database up, only for developers (all source codes, tool chains etc), but i would really need help with that
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I know there's at least one game missing. Mostly because it's never been discussed in the english scene. It was a homebrew shooter similar to the NES version of top gun or any of the classic arcade flight sims, but where you shoot at evil floating bush and cheney heads. I saw it once, bookmarked the page intenting to post about it, then forgot about it.

in fact i think it was christus who showed it to me, but i can't remember for sure.

oh, also, you should make some distinction between homebrew and ports. I tried to see if i could make a new category to split them or to add a 'source code' section, but wasn't able to (either don't know how or not enough permissions).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

sorry quzar, your a super user now (admin) i was thinking of making a new database for dev stuff ( source code, tool chains etc), instead of adding to the current database. yeah i think a reorganization of the games section is a good idea
shoot at evil floating bush and cheney heads
i remember that, it looked like a rip of after burner, actually wasn't it (from shenmue)

btw 400 downloads in 2 days, not bad for a "dead" scene! ;)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

oooo i thought i already was. look at all the buttons!

It wasn't a rip from shenmue cause the same site had source availible for download too.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i found it, its called Rekka
http://www.geocities.co.jp/siliconvalle ... rekka.html

you know this was never newsposted
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Darksaviour69 wrote:
relatively complete
well i hopping it was complete, if you see anything missing either report it or submit it yourself (registered members can submit files, and the mods aprove it).
I always assume that, just because of the scattered and individualized nature of the Internet, there will always be *some* things missing from any kind of archive. This is looking pretty decent, though.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Wow, I like this new database a lot. Real simple and streamlined and best of all attempting to be comprehensive (I do already see a few things that aren't on there; I'll compare the list there to what's on my super-duper Dream Inducer compilation when I get a chance and see what all I know of that's missing). I agree that splitting up ports and original homebrew games is a good idea. Also, what's up with the alphabetization? Things are more or less listed alphabetically, but there's strays. Hopefully that can be fixed because the more files you have for download, the more important that stuff is. Hopefully every release will also eventually have a screenshot, too, and it would be nice if there was the option for downloading an SBI.

I wish the nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk site would adopt the same format because it's a mess right now. I just recently got the passcard and flash carts I needed to start delving into the DS homebrew scene, by the way, and while I'm still exploring everything and trying stuff out, it is obviously a really strong and interesting scene. There's a lot of absolutely brilliant games already released and it seems like the scene is really only now picking up steam, so it'll be great to see all the stuff that's yet to come out. In fact, I'd say that I've found more high quality, enjoyable and innovative releases so far on the DS than I've seen on the Dreamcast. And I haven't even begun to look at the GBA homebrews.

This Rekka game on the Dreamcast looks cool, though. Shame on whoever knew about it, but didn't let us all know.

EDIT: I just noticed that the Alice Dreams download isn't working right. You get an "unexpected end of archive" message when opening the ZIP, which is only 635K (should be 42MB). If I had the proper ZIP, I'd try uploading it, but I don't have it except what's burned on my Dream Inducer disc.

...word is bondage...
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

thanks for the feed back, but i would be more help full if you was on my own forums ;) or even you can leave a comment on the page with cfiles

yeah there are a few bugs i cfiles that i'm hoping to fix, but even if i can't, i'm pretty happy how well its going.

please do report any missing stuff, i knew i missed some thing but i think i did well with 450 odd pages :D

there might be a chance the same will bne happening with the ds section, but i will not be involved with that, the dreamcast scene is enought work at the mo for me.

thats for the heads up with e Alice file, i will look into that now

edit: alice is fixed ;)
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Very good news. :) Sorry that I never got around to contribute :| I hope I can change that in the future.
Sweater Fish wrote:This Rekka game on the Dreamcast looks cool, though. Shame on whoever knew about it, but didn't let us all know.
That would be me.

I always thought to email him to make a real game out of this, but as it is now it's nothing but garbage that never was and still is not worth a newspost.

(Never thought I'd write that about anything homebrewn that runs on a DC :o )

Anyway, if anyone still thinks beeing progressive/democratic/communist also means beeing pro-Al-Qaida/pro-Jihad, have fun with this.
Insane homebrew collector.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Anyway, if anyone still thinks beeing progressive/democratic/communist also means beeing pro-Al-Qaida/pro-Jihad, have fun with this.
If you think being anti-Bush/anti-Cheney/anti-Imperialist War Mongerer also means being pro-Al-Qaida/pro-Jihad, then you're the one making the false associations.

Now maybe I can't judge since I haven't played the game, maybe later in the game you start shooting at the World Trade Center or something, but all I see in the pictures is Bush's face, and that's not enough to make something pro-Al-Qaida. More people in the world hate George Bush and the things he and his administration stand for and are doing in the world than just Osama Bin Ladin, you know?

If you're refering to the picture of the Taliban on his front page, the caption above it says "Shooting Game Fundamentalist," which is the hook of his site. He's saying that he's a fundamentalist about shooting games the way the Taliban are fundamentalist about Islam. He could just as well have a picture of George Bush there and be saying he was a fundamentalist about shooting games the way Bush is a fundamentalist about corporate capitalism and American imperialism. But that wouldn't make him a neo-conservative any more than the current picture of Taliban makes him a Jihadi.

...word is bondage...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

It's just a game )()(
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

if i remember right it has pictures of dead american soldiers etc, really not nice stuff at all
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

DaMadFiddler wrote:So we actually, finally got a relatively complete and up-to-date database of DC releases?

Consolevision?
A few fries short of a happy meal.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

APE wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:So we actually, finally got a relatively complete and up-to-date database of DC releases?

Consolevision?
lol
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

not just souLLy now wrote:
APE wrote:

Consolevision?
lol
lol? :?