no burning tutorial for uae4all??

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

no burning tutorial for uae4all??

Post by drunkensailor »

I have been out of the dc emulation scene for a couple of years and I just found an amiga emulator for dc :D

only there's no burning tutorial that I can find

do I just make a data disk with 1st_read.bin in the root folder and then all the games in another folder?? I have no idea anymore how it worked.
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

ok not a poper tutorial, but all you need should be there
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showth ... ht=uae4all

also a short Compatibility list
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showth ... ht=uae4all

and then there is the uae4all site

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.html
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

ok I don't understand this anymore.

I have the 1st_read.bin from the emulator,

I have the kickstart(I only need kickstart 1.3 and not 3.0 also??)

I have the adf files

now all I need is an ip.bin right that is made selfbootable if I remember correctly. I just don't know anymore how to create one. any tutorial for this maybe?? or help.

drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

never mind, I guess dreamcastemulation.com isn't very up to date anymore and I found the things I think I need at dchomebrew.org

thank you I will try now.

drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

ok one more question, I have 1st-read.bin, ip.bin and kickrom in the root folder uae4all, now all I need is to add a bunch of adf file sinto that folder and run selfboot.exe??

drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

ok I got it to work except that it keeps looking for kick.rom file which I have put in the root folder, kickstart 1.3 renamed to kick.rom, do I need to put it somewhere else or??

ls650
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ls650 »

Hi. I seem to be having similar problems. I've downloaded the UAE4ALL RC1 from Chui's site. I have a KS 1.3 file that I've renamed to kick.rom
I know this file is good as I've tested it with WinUAE.

When I burn my image, the UAE4ALL emulator starts and seems to accept the kick.rom file without incident. I can go into the file list and select an ADF file. When I run the emulator with an ADF that is on the compatibility list, the screen goes black and stays that way for as long as I wait until I return to the menu. If I use the trigger keys I can pull up the onscreen keyboard.

I don't understand what the problem might be. It acts as if the ADF files are unreadable, yet they worked fine with WinUAE.

Any helpful ideas? :?:
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: no burning tutorial for uae4all??

Post by TechnoWolf »

If you are all using the .SBI from the repository, it is a much older version.
Use the following current version for UAE4ALL from here:
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/uae4all-rc1.rar

Use this with BootDreams, as they are plainfiles.
Extract the rar into your BootDreams folder, move in your "kick.rom" (v1.3 only) in the main folder (alongside the 1st_read.bin), create a subfolder called "ROMS", and move in your game files. Tell bootdreams to create a DiskJuggler .cdi, (also check the option to "include dummy file"), it will in the process ask you if you want to create an IP.Bin, tell it okay(yes).
Burn with Alchohol 120%.
Note that for many games which require a "save" or "Character" disk, you'll need to create one using WINUAE. Mount the image for the game you want to make a blank image for, then without "starting" or running the game, tell it to create a 3.5DD Standard Format disk, and save in your ROMS folder for UAE4ALL with a name that makes sense to the game it's for.
Once you're playing on the good ole' DC, and it asks for save disk, mount the save image, and run it, then UAE4ALL will figure it out and end up saving to VMU.

Hope all this helps.
Happy Amiga'ing