This is General Help and I need General Help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

This is General Help and I need General Help

Post by zman »

I post this here in hopes someone will steer me in the right direction.

I've been so lucky to attract a trojan virus. I did this before I had set up a firewall and a/v programs and spoybot ware.

So all three on them know about the virus and where the *.exe files files go, but none of them can clean out the source file that runs the virus.

I use Windows xp and the virus plays off of the lsass.exe program.

I've cleaned the virus manually using msconfig and the result was the *.exe file got renamed and relocated. Right now the *.exe is located in a hidden directory for system volume information.

So what's my plan of attack.

This virus/trojans wants to set up a so called virus protection program. First it brings up a message center saying how many errors I have and then it says to download it's program. It even gives a website. The whole thing is bogus. Anyways, the first time I cleaned up my system. The virus had put a total of 25 trojans, dialers and backdoors on my system. All that's left now is the main program that I can not find. It keeps trying to contact its download program to set up my machine. So at least its block and under control. I need to find the source program. The *exe file is not it. That's a dummy setup program. So I'm thinking it's lodged in the regristry or an *.html or other self setting program. I've cleaned and manually look at everything, but nothing stands out.
Kammesennin
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kammesennin »

get mcaffee or something