I got a new computer need nero *compatability question*

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I got a new computer need nero *compatability question*

Post by impact135 »

i heard that when you burn stuff for dreamcast on the newer NERO programs it wont work in the dreamcast..

On my old computer i had nero but it was a REALLY old version and i dont have the install program so im gonna have to buy nero.

i saw a good deal on nero 7 *im not sure i can say where but its 100% legal and everything its a store.. but i dont know if that would be considered advertising*.could i burn dreamcast games with nero 7 and have them work or does it just have to be nero 6 and earlier?

i had nero 6 on the older computer and it worked great.. but this online store is having a good deal on nero 7..also i would need it to be able to burn both dvd and cd discs.

any help would be appriciated i dont want to buy something that is not going to be able to burn dreamcast games correctly.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: I got a new computer need nero *compatability question*

Post by stagg »

impact135 wrote:i heard that when you burn stuff for dreamcast on the newer NERO programs it wont work in the dreamcast..

On my old computer i had nero but it was a REALLY old version and i dont have the install program so im gonna have to buy nero.

i saw a good deal on nero 7 *im not sure i can say where but its 100% legal and everything its a store.. but i dont know if that would be considered advertising*.could i burn dreamcast games with nero 7 and have them work or does it just have to be nero 6 and earlier?

i had nero 6 on the older computer and it worked great.. but this online store is having a good deal on nero 7..also i would need it to be able to burn both dvd and cd discs.

any help would be appriciated i dont want to buy something that is not going to be able to burn dreamcast games correctly.
Get discjuggler, its better.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

it nero 6 + that have problems, but if you burn with TOA instead of DOA, it should work fine
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

...or use Alcohol120% ...or BootDreams which is freeware ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

i burned with Disc at once on nero 6 and it came out fine, i decided to go with nero 7 though and with nero 7 you have an option..

should i destroy the disc i burned with disc at once will it harm my dreamcast?
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Wait, how did you burn it, over a candle? Or with a lighter/match?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

impact135 wrote:i burned with Disc at once on nero 6 and it came out fine, i decided to go with nero 7 though and with nero 7 you have an option..

should i destroy the disc i burned with disc at once will it harm my dreamcast?
No, it won't hurt your DC at all.

The information you've got about newer versions of Nero messing up discs is simply the result of some bad programming on Ahead's part, that was apparently remedied after only a few versions of Nero.

It wasn't ever an issue of things harming your DC. It was simply a matter of, if you had one of those versions of Nero, your DC wouldn't read the disc at all. If your DC reads the disc, then it should be just fine.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
bentodd
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

alcohol

Post by bentodd »

You should definately use Alcohol 120% or boot dreams. I always had problems with nero and disc juggler. Alcohol 120% was the first great disc burning program I used. Every disc I burn with it works in my dc. Free trila then only like $50 to buy.