PSX4ALL Screenshots and videos

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSX4ALL Screenshots and videos

Post by dr apocalipsis »

By Chui, Zottd and Una-i.

About 15 fps. Frameskip 0. No sound.
No beta release until xmas (at least).

More info and stuff atDCIBERIA.NET.
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I couldn't find the screenshots in there, only the videos.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Wow... looks great!
Last edited by TyBO on Sun May 07, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

Only registerd users can get access to images at DCIberia due to bandwith.
TyBO wrote: Chui shouldn't get all the credit though. This is a port of GP2PSX, an emulator for GP2X, written mostly by zodttd, with help from UNAI and chui, all over at GP32x.
dr. apocalipsis wrote:By Chui, Zottd and Una-i.
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

The speed seems very good with 0 frameskip and not so bad gfx neither apart from the flickering.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

dr. apocalipsis wrote:By Chui, Zottd and Una-i.
Whoops... I should learn to read.
FuriKuri
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FuriKuri »

zodttd wrote:Hi everyone,

Unai, Chui, and I had a talk about GP2PSX. We're aiming for a GP2X release within 7 days. This means the Zaurus port (which is very fast now btw), will be ready in the same time period.

Chui has made great progress on the Dreamcast version of emulator's codebase. There's even a video of it floating around. It uses a dynamic recompiler.

The switch from the interpreter to the recompiler for the SH4 cpu gave us an indication of what to expect in terms of a performance increase. The CPU emulation currently is profiled as taking about 50% of the total runtime. With the recompiler we can expect around 3x the performance over the interpreter. Maybe even more as ARM has a very powerful instruction set.

Unai is making great progress on the GPU. He has a few bug's to work out, and it's going through a major reworking. Hopefully it can be in a good state within our release time frame.

I made some improvements to the interpreter (CPU emulation), and got another frame per second added to the slowest of games.

I also improved the ISO loading process and emulator's cdrom handling.

Compatibility is up, but there's one bug I want to get fixed. It seems Tekken and Einhander crash after running a bit. This bug was fixed at one point and has returned, anyone remember at what point this bug was fixed? If so, I can figure out how to get compatibility up further, much quicker.

Unai and I estimate most 3D games such as Wipeout, will run at lowest, around 20 FPS without frameskip. At this speed games should be playable with frameskip.

Currently Wipeout 1 runs at it's slowest, 7 FPS in-game. With frameskip it's still too slow to play. Though it is impressive to watch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Were hoping the dynarec and new GPU core will solve the performance issue.

Tinnus is working on the dynarec, and is making progress.

So, news is, we're aiming for a release within a week. Not sure if it's going to be the release everyone wants, but we're trying our hardest. Those with Sharp Zaurus' will be pleasantly suprised.

Oh, one more thing. We've named the codebase that GP2PSX runs on as...PSX4ALL. We have the domain, http://www.psx4all.net and we have hosting for an official site. Depending on how hard it is to maintain the website, we might need a webmaster to design the site to make it easy to update and interactive enough for people to get information they need on the ports.

That's all for now...
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Well, now! How awsome is this? This is GREAT! These guys are doing things left and right for the DC Scene! Thank you so much! You definately have my gratitude!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

This uses the PCSX bios for Dreamcast. I don't remember the name of the site, but one of the first things I did when i came here was testing 1.4, then 1.5 when it was released with about 30 or so different games and with most of them got 7-15 fps. There were quite a few that dipped around at 1-4 fps, but there were plenty that worked well.

then again, it's really a moot point considering both speeds are practically unplayable.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showth ... p?p=115297
chui wrote:This weekend, we are very happy for good progress of PCX4ALL: Playstation1 emulator for Dreamcast, GP2X, Zaurus, Zodiac, GNU/Linux and Windows.

I just have been able to adapt PCSX CPU recompiler for SH4 by Mark Grilenkov and Dreamcast gets 14fps using our GPU software render for a lot of games. I hope get fullspeed (frameskip0) when we will write a new GPU using PVR hardware aceleration.

DCiberia comments and shows a set of screenshots and a video running PCX4ALL under Dreamcast (register is need it for downloading).
Insane homebrew collector.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

PCX4all? It is good to see that PCSXDC is finally getting put to some sort of use though.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

chui wrote:I hope get fullspeed (frameskip0) when we will write a new GPU using PVR hardware aceleration.
That would be interesting to see, though I fear that accuracy problems will creep in (PSX games are notorious for using Clever Framebuffer Tricks to achieve various effects). Maybe it would be easier to introduce worthwhile compatibility hacks in a situation where the accelerated resolution can be expected to be the same as the native PSX resolution, though.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Chui
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

More news !

Post by Chui »

Zottd talking about PSX4ALL project:
Zodttd wrote: Hi everyone,
Unai, Chui, and I had a talk about GP2PSX. We're aiming for a GP2X release within 7 days. This means the Zaurus port (which is very fast now btw), will be ready in the same time period.

Chui has made great progress on the Dreamcast version of emulator's codebase. There's even a video of it floating around. It uses a dynamic recompiler

Compatibility is up, but there's one bug I want to get fixed. It seems Tekken and Einhander crash after running a bit. This bug was fixed at one point and has returned, anyone remember at what point this bug was fixed? If so, I can figure out how to get compatibility up further, much quicker.

The switch from the interpreter to the recompiler for the SH4 cpu gave us an indication of what to expect in terms of a performance increase. The CPU emulation currently is profiled as taking about 50% of the total runtime. With the recompiler we can expect around 3x the performance over the interpreter. Maybe even more as ARM has a very powerful instruction set.

Unai is making great progress on the GPU. He has a few bug's to work out, and it's going through a major reworking. Hopefully it can be in a good state within our release time frame.

I made some improvements to the interpreter (CPU emulation), and got another frame per second added to the slowest of games.
I also improved the ISO loading process and emulator's cdrom handling

Unai and I estimate most 3D games such as Wipeout, will run at lowest, around 20 FPS without frameskip. At this speed games should be playable with frameskip.

Currently Wipeout 1 runs at it's slowest, 7 FPS in-game. With frameskip it's still too slow to play. Though it is impressive to watch. Were hoping the dynarec and new GPU core will solve the performance issue.

Tinnus is working on the dynarec, and is making progress.

So, news is, we're aiming for a release within a week. Not sure if it's going to be the release everyone wants, but we're trying our hardest. Those with Sharp Zaurus' will be pleasantly suprised.

Oh, one more thing. We've named the codebase that GP2PSX runs on as...PSX4ALL. We have the domain, http://www.psx4all.net and we have hosting for an official site. Depending on how hard it is to maintain the website, we might need a webmaster to design the site to make it easy to update and interactive enough for people to get information they need on the ports.

That's all for now...
123soleil
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by 123soleil »

pcx4all isn't a dreamcast-only project, it's being released for several systems and that alone justifies a new psx emulator.

I for one applaud this new project
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

When I watched that Ridge Racer video I could practically count the number of frames per second. It didn't seem like 13 fps at all. That's just my observation. Nevertheless, as long as people are continually working on stuff, progress will be made.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Quzar wrote:You obviously don't remember it past the first version, nor with an official bios instead of the HLE bios. I don't remember the name of the site, but one of the first things I did when i came here was testing 1.4, then 1.5 when it was released with about 30 or so different games and with most of them got 7-15 fps. There were quite a few that dipped around at 1-4 fps, but there were plenty that worked well.
Yep, I appologize. I didn't know that a SH4 ASM bios existed, but I just saw chui's post about it at dcemu.co.uk, and he mentioned that it used Mark Grilenkov's CPU recompiler for SH4.
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Well, talking about the emulator and knowing what Chui, Ron, Fox68K and other members of DCIBERIA crew and friends have done and are doing for DC Community, I think this emulator will be great. And also, knowing who are making this new emulator.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

People, please - take this to ImagePrivate Messages.

No one here should have to be subjected to viewing your dirty laundry.

That said, I moved all of the flame posts to deletion. Please keep these out of this forum. I'm sending you all a PM - if any of you start it up again, I'll recommend a temporary ban to staff. No sides will be taken here - I just want this petty arguing crap to stop.
Shapyi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shapyi »

Wow. The emulator is looking great. I'm glad to see that Chui is working on so many emulators for Dreamcast. The more developers the better. Homebrew has kept my Dreamcast in use and I'm glad to see that in 2006 the system still has developement by hobbyist.

Good luck with the project guys.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I just hope someone does an xbox port of it, it'd be nice to have a couple of options for it on that, tohugh pcsxbox is rather nice for many games, not for fist of the north star though
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers