Genesis Plus Self-Boot With Games?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
snowman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Genesis Plus Self-Boot With Games?

Post by snowman »

So if I want to create a GenPlus V03 selfboot with the roms on the disk, how would I do this? Where would I put the rom files?

Thanks I'm a noobdork.
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JohnnyB »

Download Selfboot Inducer and the GenPlus .sbi from http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy then follow the instructions within Selfboot Inducer itself.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Insane homebrew collector.
nsps
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by nsps »

Just out of curiosity, are average Joe's encouraged to wait for the "final" release of Gen Plus, or is the current one pretty much complete except for some sound problems? (I've gotten both impressions...)

Thanks.
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JohnnyB »

The speed is great but it still needs work. There's the obvious sound looping, sprite problems, lack of (E) and (J) ROM support, and you have to keep filenames small.

I'd say wait for the final release, then again I'm a perfectionist.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I wonder how Gauntlet 4 works on it, any idea when a version with save states is coming? :P

Basically I wanna play Gauntlet IV 2+ players with friends and save our quest without writing down huge passwords.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."