Dream On Feedback Topic

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Imerion »

It would be very nice to see the cd. I really don't have any problems at all with the mag taking time. I mean, its such a small amount of money and its so long ago it doesn't matter for me now anyway. If I get a mag, which I still believe I will get, becuase I trust MetaFox, it will be nice. If not, it won't really matter. However, the Sandman CD is the thing Ive looked forward to most, so It would be nice to be able to try it out a bit earlier than expected. So if you decide to upload it, Id say that would be great!
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Imerion wrote:If I get a mag, which I still believe I will get, becuase I trust MetaFox, it will be nice. If not, it won't really matter.
I think MetaFox (and DCDayDreamer) made it clear he's sending the magazine out.

@MetaFox I apologize for spilling confidential information - personally, I don't think it's fair how the customers are being treated - I believe everyone would understand if you had said 'sorry folks - focus is directed elsewhere in real life' and a status on the reprint and why it's not shipped yet. Believe it or not, people (on these boards at least) have questions, when they're not answered they assume the worst. I hope I didn't stop on your feet, that definately wasn't my intention.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, especially DCDayDreamer for summing up the past year.
DCDayDreamer wrote:Before anyone thinks they are being cheated by the release of a CD image, the Sandman CD that will accompany the mags will be pressed, have the new menu system, the content will most probably be different to CD image mentioned above, and the CD will most likely end up as a collectors item.
Yeah, the content would definitly be different! Meta mentioned some 'emulated' games like Another World, FOTAQ and BASS that he would love to see included and then there were the DreamOn Contest entries from 2005 & 2006 that aren't represented in my betas .
Insane homebrew collector.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

whats annoying me the most is people that have not bought the mag, are the ones complaining the most. I'm not says i'm 100% happy how this has all played out, but a an actual customer I am not complaining yet. I trust meta, and i don't blame him for putting his slef first. Remember even though there were about 150 preorders that does not cover the costs of the mag... and lets not forget the reprints are all comming out of his pocket, and the free second issue! over all this is costing him more, plus he has refunded some already and he also setup preorders for Chikugoyaku along time ago and refunded them all after it delayed it.

Ok meta has made aload of mistakes, but get off his back!
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

fackue wrote:@MetaFox I apologize for spilling confidential information - personally, I don't think it's fair how the customers are being treated - I believe everyone would understand if you had said 'sorry folks - focus is directed elsewhere in real life' and a status on the reprint and why it's not shipped yet.
That's not the case though - focus IS NOT "elsewhere in real life", and you know it - since I discussed this in detail with you via PMs on Xelium.

The magazine isn't out yet because I don't have the money to do it right now. That's the simple truth. There's nothing beyond that - nothing that I haven't said already.

The magazine is getting top priority - even top priority over my real life stuff until October, when my real life stuff takes priority. I said that in my post at DCEvolution, but you took it completely out of context when you posted it here, and made it sound like real life took top priority and that I was going to leave in October even if I didn't do the magazine. Which couldn't be farther from the truth - the intention of the topic at DCEvolution was to let people know that I was probably not going to be around for DreamCon events or other DCEvolution events that took my real-life time. Nothing more. If there was more to it, I would have posted the topics in other staff forums I work for. If it affected the magazine, I would have posted it in the public Dream On magazine topics at various forums.

I answered every question about the magazine truthfully, have given every status report that I can, and told people that there was no status to report due to lack of money at the time being.

What more do you want me to do? I've been upfront and honest, I've given everyone a refund if they wanted one, and I've answered every question that anyone had about the magazine.

Maybe you can tell me how that is treating the customers unfairly, as I honestly don't see how I can be more fair than I already have been through this whole ordeal.
curtis_ray
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by curtis_ray »

i never ordered the magazine.so i havent lost anything one way or another.i just posted on it because as i stated it was a great read as to the state of such projects for the dc.

i dont know metafox's intentions one way or another either.just that such projects are overwhelming and can totally take over a person and get all distorted before the person realizes it has happened.

as for the whole thing being a scam...well i guess that will be left to those who actually bought the magazine and its contents and never recieved them.and whether or not they think they ever will.

sympathies to those who have money tied up in a not very well planned project.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

something dumb for awhile wrote:Maybe you can tell me how that is treating the customers unfairly, as I honestly don't see how I can be more fair than I already have been through this whole ordeal.
I think everyone--especially you yourself--would just be a lot happier if you came out and admitted that you never did manage to put the magazine together. That 120 magazines did not get lost in the mail, that there was no "first printing," that you have no formatted proof, that you probably don't even have a complete magazine's worth of content. I can understand why that would be hard for you to admit, especially at this point, but you must see how much better it would be ultimately? Better than all this nonsense. It's quite obvious that the people who ordered the magazine are not a terribly vindictive lot since we've let everything go this far without flaming you to hell like would happen in most other situations of this sort on other forums. So there's really nothing to worry about. You're not even saving face since I'm sure everyone who's been paying attention knows all this stuff anyway.

But if you don't want to, I guess that's okay. We'll all just keep waiting and see how this turns out. It's no big deal to any of us really, it just seems like a big strain on you and unnecessarily so.

...word is bondage...
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Sweater Fish wrote:I think everyone--especially you yourself--would just be a lot happier if you came out and admitted that you never did manage to put the magazine together. That 120 magazines did not get lost in the mail, that there was no "first printing," that you have no formatted proof, that you probably don't even have a complete magazine's worth of content.
Like I said, if you don't believe it I can certainly understand. However, unfortunately - as much as I'd love for the truth to be that I never got them printed, that's unfortunately not the case. I'm out on the money on the first batch of printing, and I'm now working frantically to get enough money for the second batch, the money for a print for a second issue, and the money for a CD run.
Sweater Fish wrote:It's quite obvious that the people who ordered the magazine are not a terribly vindictive lot since we've let everything go this far without flaming you to hell like would happen in most other situations of this sort on other forums. So there's really nothing to worry about. You're not even saving face since I'm sure everyone who's been paying attention knows all this stuff anyway.
I've been to hell in a handbasket over this, and I'm very glad that most people have been patient and understanding. Like DS69 said, the only people who have been vocal over this are people who never ordered the magazines, and even never had intentions in buying the magazine at all. So I am eternally grateful that everyone who did order has been so nice over the whole thing.
Sweater Fish wrote:We'll all just keep waiting and see how this turns out. It's no big deal to any of us really, it just seems like a big strain on you and unnecessarily so.
At this point, I just want the magazine to get to you guys. Once I get it printed again, I'd deliver it to everyone by hand with my van if I could.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Alright. I have a way to prove you printed it. Take a picture of a few pages of the magazine.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

A cover shot would suffice. Do it all emo-myspacy with a reverse mirror shot or something.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Xylene wrote:Alright. I have a way to prove you printed it. Take a picture of a few pages of the magazine.
Will do. I put off this due to me not wanting to have pictures of the first printing of the magazine out there, since I want to be able to catch the guy who stole them - as at this point, I'm pretty sure they were stolen and not lost.

But now, I'm sure that everyone would like at least some semblence of getting their mind at ease to at least know that the content of the magazine is done.

I'll do a picture of two sections of the inside with my digital camera. I'm not doing the cover though, as I'm still going to use that to see if it ever pops up on eBay.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Multiple angles please.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I suggest doing an address check of all the people before they are mailed out. Several people, like myself, have moved since we ordered the magazines (or I think I ordered one...)
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

Aren't the post office responsible if they lost the zines? You might be entitled to be compensated for the loss.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

If Meta insured them he is entitled to the entire value of everything lost. If 150 ordered thats about $1.3k lost.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

APE wrote:If Meta insured them he is entitled to the entire value of everything lost. If 150 ordered thats about $1.3k lost.
He might have, after all, amatuer DC magazines seem like the perfect item for those post office workers/black market resellers.

Hopefully he'll finish something and post some pics.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Someone call UPS and give them shit. I would, but coming from Australia they probably wouldn't listen to me, and it would cost me a fortune to ring.
JohnnyB
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by JohnnyB »

Dude just take the money and leave. Are you hoping to scam people out of money for the second nonexistent issue or something?
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

This situation is most disappointing, but things happen. I knew it was a gamble so I don't feel so bad about what has taken place so far. I have no ill will towards the situation or anyone.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Storminator16 wrote:This situation is most disappointing, but things happen. I knew it was a gamble so I don't feel so bad about what has taken place so far. I have no ill will towards the situation or anyone.
Most people are taking the same view and are just hoping the magazine magically shows up. But on the flip side: Meta stood to earn a huge chunk of change and only has those 2 pages that are clearly works in progress to show for the amount paid and supposedly lost without him saying he claimed it already and paid for a reprint with the insurance money. Hell, look how many days it's been since it was requested for a picture to be taken of the cover or inside and nothing has been delievered. Does this mean he wishes for something uber cool to be a surprise, he shipped every copy out and never kept one for himself, or it doesn't exist at all? You decide.

Personally I don't think meta is trying to rip anyone off at this point, but something doesn't smell right.