Advantage

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advantage

Post by btm4k »

The contest is a great idea, but don't you think the people who have already made a program have an advantage? They have six weeks to spiff it up while others are just starting. I guess either way there is going to be some cool stuff made.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

I feel the same way.. That's why my submission will be from scratch, not using my WIP game engine.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

This is where the originality aspect comes into play... If it's been released before, it'll take a big update to get a good score. If we've never seen it, and it's cool, then you've got a solid chance.

The timeframe may be short, but a lot of people work well under pressure... ;)

Also remember entries will be judged according to other entries, not commercial games, etc....
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

6 weeks IS a good solid time frame, and 1 of those weeks, is spring break. Which means a lot of time will be put into play with this, after that, school shoots off again, but won't really be in the way.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

OK

Post by btm4k »

DirtySanchez wrote:This is where the originality aspect comes into play... If it's been released before, it'll take a big update to get a good score. If we've never seen it, and it's cool, then you've got a solid chance.
Good idea. That makes sense.