Where do you see the DC "scene" 1 year from now?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zman »

Maybe a newly compiled list is in order explaining what's available. Put this list as an index to a dedicated server for these downloads with ads explaning and showing off the software. There are a few good graphic artists here that could pull off a fantastic looking site for the downloads. No one downloads stuff they don't know about or know what some of it does or looks like.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

That's exactly what DCEvolution is all about. We probably just need more contributers...
Insane homebrew collector.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

an image featuring Makaqu along with many extras is in the works at DCEvo
That I really look forward to!
Maybe a newly compiled list is in order explaining what's available. Put this list as an index to a dedicated server for these downloads with ads explaning and showing off the software. There are a few good graphic artists here that could pull off a fantastic looking site for the downloads. No one downloads stuff they don't know about or know what some of it does or looks like.
There is sbiffy! which has quite an archive, but there is the problem you mentioned : there is no info about the games. A small description and a screen would certainly yield more downloads.
I usually go to DCEmu and look through their archive if im seraching for a homebrew dc-game, but half of it is only linking to the old homebrew-part of this page which really doesn't have much info.
Tonfa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tonfa »

I would personally like to thank folks who work thier butts off on things for the dreamcast as is. I picked mine up not too long ago, and have been having a blast with all the homebrew stuff thanks to you folks.

Some of us definately appreciate it. I'm a father who doesn't have tons to spend on games due to bills/rent/child support so this system is about it for me videogame wise. So I greatly appreciate all of you out there who give me fun stuff to play. Robot finds Kitten, for example, is one my daughter gets a kick out of (She's 5 turning 6 in April) and I myself was pleasantly suprised by how decent this whole community is.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Well, it's been a year.
It's thinking...
phaded
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by phaded »

Thread doesn't deliver. )()(
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

And, we had to bump this, why?
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

So we had an attempt at a zine fail - but i think an downloadable magazine would spur the scene on or a regular video zine or diary of the dreamcast could be uploaded to youtube or something
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I said GenPlusDC and what do you know )()(
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Delin hong wrote:i think an downloadable magazine would spur the scene on
http://www.dcevolution.net/scenedicate1.php ;)

|darc| wrote:Well, it's been a year.
...and DCEvolution still needs more people to work on some new releases :|
Insane homebrew collector.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

How many of you thought there would be this many commercial games on the 2007 roster.

It's like a Cuba thing with all those old cars staying alive. One day the Dreamcasts' we own will be made up of used parts from various places. I'm talking about the age of the machine and the end of the gd-rom production.

Next year is the real deal. If there still is Naomi arcade then there may still be a Dreamcast arcade. That would eight plus years. Where's the money at. Nine, Ten years. Is this going to out pace 'em all...(the other consol systems.) I'm in for the arcade goodies that keep showing up at my door. I do like the shmups...
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Hey, the 'cast exceeded my expectations this year...
bentodd
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by bentodd »

I have no idea where the DC scene will be in a year but it will be strong. A friend of mine gave me a Dreamcast about a year ago. Then I stumbled on DCemulation. Everyone helped me get through selfbooting etc. Since then I have played many homebrew games and I hope they keep coming.

What other system can you buy for $30 and play almost any game for any console up to snes and Neogeo, and also download a new homebrew game anytime you want. It changed console gaming for me from commercial to fan based and I think that the DC is the best supported system to date.

To this day I have yet to play an officially released game for the DC. Keep up the good work.