dcdivx

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sambhav
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

dcdivx

Post by sambhav » Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:26 pm

hey, i'm a newbie when it comes to dcdivx. when i try to convert to the proper video file for dreamcast, something goes wrong.....you see, i can't convert into the specific sound type that is required. when i click on mpeg layer 3, some options are supposed to come up on exactly what type of sound i want. when i click on it, nothing comes up. someone please help me! by the way, i'm talking about the program Virtualdub, and this step that i'm talking about is the audio compression step. any help will be appreciated. thanks
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sepa » Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:45 pm

Im no expert on the dcdivx, but their could be many things that cause that.

first, are you clicking the little box below where it shows you the different HZ to dub the audio in?
Second, have you tryied using lame or another type of codec like that?
One of my computers, for some reason, will only show the MPEG Layer 3's with lame installed.

Those are probably the 2 most common and easiest to fix. If it's not those 2, Im sure someone else here can sort you;)
sambhav
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

i'm lost

Post by sambhav » Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:38 pm

ok i'm still lost on what you are talking about. where can i get this lame thing from? and when i convert, it says that i'm supposed to use the mad mp3 decoder, what is that? i'm so lost. all i know is that i downloaded divx 4.12 and everything that came with it. then i also downloaded virtual dub. someone please help me, i'm so lost