New Genesis Plus DC team being formed, permission pending.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

Sweater Fish wrote:Concerning Sega CD emulation.

I haven't followed all the Genesis Plus/DC stuff really closely, but I thought somewhere that BlackAura said that the speed was not a problem at all when you turn off the sound emulation. So, this makes me wonder if it would be more possible to do Sega CD emulation with no sound emulation. Redbook audio could still be played, so there would be background music in most games, but no sound effects.

I don't know how likely even that tactic would be to produce good speed Sega CD emulation, but it seems like a good way to start out at least.

Just a thought.

...word is bondage...
i've read before that people have actually halted the m68k in the SCD and been able to continue playing certain games, since they only made use of the CD storage and not the extra processing power. That may be possible to some degree.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

Nico0020 wrote:i cant wait!i may have perfect Genesis emulation on xbox, but for some reason it feels so much better seeing it run on a DC and putting a Disk into the DC rather than loading from the xbox harddrive. maybe im weird! lol. congrats keep up the good work!
Like listening to "CDs" (sp?) instead of MP3s ? Vinyl instead of CDs ?

Yeah, I could play on PC - I mean I love Gens (Thank you, Stef :bow: ) but GenesisPlus on a DC ? :hearteyes:
Insane homebrew collector.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
Has thanked: 0

Post by DcSteve »

I would like to donate toward the development of this emulator. Even if developement on this will be slow, I still want to donate. May I do that?
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Guess I'll have to go find my Dreamcast...
ddd2442
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Sega Genesis

Post by ddd2442 »

Hey guys

Could you tell me which Genesis Emulator is the best for the DC? I have read that Genesisplus runs at full speed w/ no sound, is this true? The version of this that I can download off this site states that its 75% speed, is there a new version I am missing?

Thanks
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

download preview 3 from here: http://www.consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/
*The Cadillac of signatures*