how do i burn a beats of rage mod?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how do i burn a beats of rage mod?

Post by impact135 »

normally i use the 1st read bin and ip bin and i know how to do that but i recently downloaded the ghouls and ghosts bor mod and this is what files it gave me..

bor.exe
dos4gw.exe
bor.pak
settings.sav
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

Most come in dc .cdi format. but what it would need is the ip.bin and 1st
read. and the bor.pak which you can get from the offical SENILE site.

create image and burn.
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

im sorry i dont understand.. could you be more specific. i know how to burn emus with the ipbin and the 1st read bin and i know how to use the tool selfboot to create an image and burn.. but there is no 1st read bin nor is there an ip bin from the download and i got the download from dcemulation.org under homebrew.

another thing that was odd.. when i clicked on the .exe file i could play the game on my computer.

if its too difficult i wont even bother i dont understand why the people who design these change the way you burn them thus making it difficult for people who are not good with computers. i dont have the patience to sit at the computer for hours trying to understand how to burn something that has no instructions on how to do so.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Insane homebrew collector.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

sorry that site wasnt much help. i couldnt find the instructions.
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

Lets try putting it this way.

Go to http://senileteam.segaforums.com/
Then go to Downloads->Beats of Rage->Edit Pak
Download the Edit Pak.
The edit pak will have a folder for consoles. You can get the IP.bin & 1ST_READ.bin from the Dreamcast folder.

Just put those those two in a folder along with the BOR.pak file you got in the G&G mod download. Now just have Selfboot make an image with those three things on it, and burn the image.

I know you said you've used Selfboot, but here is DCEvolution's tutorial just in case you need it.
http://www.dcevolution.net/DCHelp/index.php?id=selfboot