NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

It's the alphabetical order of the original filename for the ROM. What the builder needs to do is that after it's pulled in all the games it needs to sort them by their new GoodNES names. Again, another thing to be taken care of soon.
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by retrogamer »

SCHERZO.... Check out this website that I found http://www.hqscansorg.org/ It has high quality instruction manuals for just about every console made and you can pick what language you want the manual displayed in too. You can download what ever manual that you need through this site for any console. It looks like the USA releases for the NES are complete so any manuals you need that NesterDC SE is missing can be found through here. Also they might have manuals in better condition ie: (no wrinkles,marks,tears,etc) that can replace some of the ones that are in bad condition on the emulator. Hope everyone enjoys this website and finds it usefull to complete your manual collection.
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by retrogamer »

P.S. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE MAIN PAGE ON THE SITE CLICK DOWNLOADS AND THEN GO TO ADVANCED SEARCH. THAT WILL BRING UP THE LIST OF ALL CONSOLES.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Between that archive and Zophar's nsf files, I don't need the cd builder at all! :D
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

^ Just gotta convert the pdf's first :mrgreen:
Nitro
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Nitro »

Great emulator Scherzo! I just have a few problems. My auto fire does not seem to work, and if I try to load game genie, it will freeze at that menu and force Main Menu to be selected, but I can resume the game. This may be because there are no codes, but I have no clue. The auto fire just does not respond, I have the buttons mapped but it's as if nothing is being pressed, no matter what rate is selected. But otherwise :D
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

That website with all the instruction manuals is pretty sweet. IT has just about every booklet you can think of for NES.

For some reason, i'm having a problem with my nesterSE disc.
for the most part, i've had to burn it 4 times now to one to work.
after, i don't know maybe an hour, my dreamcast won't read the disc anymore.If i let it go for awhile then try it again, then it works.
I started to think it could be my DC, but all my other burned games and store bought games work just fine.So what do i keep doing wrong?
I made a CDI image and burned it with alcohol 120 because my nero wouldn't burn the NRG file correct...any thoughts?
No Amount Of Effort Can Save You from Oblivion.
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by retrogamer »

For some reason, i'm having a problem with my nesterSE disc.
for the most part, i've had to burn it 4 times now to one to work.
after, i don't know maybe an hour, my dreamcast won't read the disc anymore.If i let it go for awhile then try it again, then it works.
I started to think it could be my DC, but all my other burned games and store bought games work just fine.So what do i keep doing wrong?
I made a CDI image and burned it with alcohol 120 because my nero wouldn't burn the NRG file correct...any thoughts?[/quote]

STRATT.... Try downloading Discjuggler off of the official website and then use Scherzo's disc builder and select the Discjuggler option. I have burnt about 15 discs (entire fullset and USA set) so far and have not encountered one problem either in the building process or the Dreamcast being able to recognize the image. Quite a few people on the forums seem to be having trouble with Nero & Alcohol 120. While both are fine pieces of software I have found that sometimes when you update them they cause trouble with compatibility issues. Nero 5.5 works great but when I updated to the next version I was not able to burn some things. Discjuggler has never let me down and should be used more often in the emulation community. CDI's are sweet too for newbies and really helped me out when I was new to the emulation scene. Hope this info helps you.
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

i Tried using discjuggler from the official site, says that it's not a valid image file.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Can you burn this on a mac?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Matisfaction wrote:Can you burn this on a mac?
Since OSX is based on FreeBSD and Wine works there, you might get it to work. I've had one somewhat positive report of getting the builder to work using Wine on Linux. Either way, I'll be porting to both platforms officially in the future.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Scherzo - the image builder tool is very nice, and quite handy. However, I have two suggestions that would make it infinitely better.

1) Could you implement TAO Nero image support? That may be one of the big problems people are having when trying to burn the Nero images.
2) Could you implement some method of creating an SBI instead of an image?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
kyslug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by kyslug »

Scherzo - Great emulator! I've looked it over and it's very impressive. I wish someone would polish the GBC emulator like this, it's really in need of a makeover + a repair of those small bugs.

I have two questions concerning Nester SE.

1st - Is there a ROM limit for a single directory?

2nd - Why are these missing from the db:

California Raisins - The Grape Escape (U).nes
Defenders of Dynatron City (U).nes
Donkey Kong Classics (U) [!].nes
Final Fantasy II (U) (Prototype).nes
Pro Wrestling (U) (PRG1) [!].nes
Quattro Arcade (U).nes
Stadium Events (U) [!].nes
Taro's Quest (U) (Prototype).nes
Top Gun (U) (PRG1).nes
Wheel of Fortune (U) (PRG1) [!].nes

Also, I've noticed most of the translated ROMs are missing from the db as well.

Thanks again for the great release, it's too damn slick!
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

http://www.ggdb.com/GGDB/BrowseCategori ... onsole.NES

Lots of NES box art with good quality scans.

EDIT: Well it's alright, not as many scans as i thought.
ltcmddata
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ltcmddata »

Shame about the FAQs. I have no problem with anyone using any of mine at GF as long as they ask me first. Some people just want to be anal.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:As for when I'll make a new release... well, I'm taking a little break from coding right now. One reason that I forced a deadline on myself was that NesterDC SE was feeling like a monkey on my shoulders. It had lost it's fun in development. I just need a breather.
Probably the best you could do. Just thinking for a second of all the things that you did take care of to get this incredible huge giganto-puzzle consisting of a billion of the tinyiest small pieces completed to finish Nester SE, my head's spinning like mad :o

You definitly should take a time out! Man, you really deserve it! :D

Thanks again for this release :!:
Insane homebrew collector.
monsonb
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Need help

Post by monsonb »

Hello,
I have ben trying to get this work, but I having trouble. After the ISO is created I get:
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT The System File is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows Applications.
I am then suppose to click the "close" button. If I choose the "Ignore" button I return to the NesterCD Builder and I see

"CD build process completed!!!
Launching appropriate cd burning program."

But then nothing happens. :(

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks!
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Awesome job, Scherzo! I can't wait to try it! :D (I.E. when I get my new comp built and my dreamcast back)
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: Need help

Post by LyingWake »

monsonb wrote:Hello,
I have ben trying to get this work, but I having trouble. After the ISO is created I get:
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT The System File is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows Applications.
I am then suppose to click the "close" button. If I choose the "Ignore" button I return to the NesterCD Builder and I see

"CD build process completed!!!
Launching appropriate cd burning program."

But then nothing happens. :(

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks!
The fix:
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy ... 1105533525
segajoel
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by segajoel »

can add more roms later? or the disc burned with the cd builder is not multisession?