NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LyingWake »

segajoel wrote:can add more roms later? or the disc burned with the cd builder is not multisession?
You can't add files to a selfbooting disc.
monsonb
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by monsonb »

Thanks for the help Lying Wake! Your fix put me right on track. I used:

http://unodocs.nmsu.edu/RoboDocs/WebHel ... /ji_05.htm

I couldn't have figured this out w/o your advice! Thanks again! :lol:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Wow, this emulator is amazing. I don't really use my DC much anymore for emulators since I just got an Xbox this year, but damn. I wish the emulators on Xbox had features like this one does.

Do me a favor, bring this to Xbox. :P
Br138
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Br138 »

Wow, this emulator is amazing. It's a beautiful thing.

the only thing I'm having problems with is some of the boxscans. There are a bunch of obscure games with box scans but then there are others I can't seem to get downloaded from the library like Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, 1942, and Tetris (the non-tengen version) among others. I tried a bunch of differant versions of each game but no luck. Are they just not added to the library or am I doing something wrong?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

They probably just aren't in the library. Remember that Scherzo built the library, filled out all the relevant details, and added in all the images by himself, so it's understandable that the library isn't 100% complete. If you can find appropriate scans, I'm sure Scherzo would be willing to add them to the database.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

building library right now, Thanks for the excellent work on this.
Br138
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Br138 »

BlackAura wrote:They probably just aren't in the library. Remember that Scherzo built the library, filled out all the relevant details, and added in all the images by himself, so it's understandable that the library isn't 100% complete. If you can find appropriate scans, I'm sure Scherzo would be willing to add them to the database.
I agree, the library is really impressive actually, There cart and box scans for even all of the unlicensed tengen games. I just thought it was odd that boxscans for big name games like Excite Bike & Kid Icarus weren't coming up. Sorry, I really didn't mean to criticize.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

i guess im correct in assuming that this supports the lightgun ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

pavelbure wrote:i guess im correct in assuming that this supports the lightgun ?
You are absolute 100% incorrect. I didn't get a chance to add that in. Yup, I know I could have taken it from 7.1+b but, I dunno, I just kept putting that off. And, oh yeah, I don't have a lightgun.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
pavelbure wrote:i guess im correct in assuming that this supports the lightgun ?
You are absolute 100% incorrect. I didn't get a chance to add that in. Yup, I know I could have taken it from 7.1+b but, I dunno, I just kept putting that off. And, oh yeah, I don't have a lightgun.
ok thanks. i dont have one either, so that saves me from going out and buying one.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
Liberals click here !!!!
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

this is a GREAT emulator, very good work. the game music and manuals are excellent.
Liberals click here !!!!
drybed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by drybed »

nice, this emu is goin to be updated in 2 years
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

scherzo, i just noticed this topic and will try out the program ASAP. Congrats on the release! :)
Warmtoe wrote:Being able to assign both joysticks to one player could also be cool for certain games - would be brilliant if there is a Robotron for the NES - is there a Robotron for the NES?!!
I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure there is a port of SmashTV.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

i think that its a great emu and you really bring life to the dreamcast. im sure youve spend hundreds of hours on this thing and we all appriciate your hard work to the dreamcast scene. its just amazing how a failed console like the dreamcast can be such a tool to create wonderful emus and homebrew for not to mention the countless commercially available games.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Has anyone else had this problem?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

curt_grymala wrote:Has anyone else had this problem?
Yep, I've also had the problem where a bunch of stuff downloads and then the rest of it just fails left and right.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

:(
MrQ?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by MrQ? »

i can't get the emu to work with the .sbi released :( i have made tons of .sbi files, i don't think it's some error of mine.
The eyes of a warrior never stray from the spectacle of battle.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

MrQ? wrote:i can't get the emu to work with the .sbi released
NesterDC SE can't be made to run from an SBI. You need to use the CD builder to build the ROM database.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

BlackAura wrote:
MrQ? wrote:i can't get the emu to work with the .sbi released
NesterDC SE can't be made to run from an SBI. You need to use the CD builder to build the ROM database.
That's what the SBI tells them to do. I've already heard reports that the SBI works just fine if you follow the instructions that came with it. I haven't tested it myself, yet, though.

EDIT - BTW - I was able to download all of the stuff just fine shortly after I posted my query. I tried typing in my own location for the master_db to see if I could get it to work that way (which it didn't), and then later clicked the "default" checkbox again, and found that it worked just fine. I think that "master_db" might have been hardcoded in the original location that was in that box when I first loaded up the application.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.