NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Kader
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kader »

If anyone would like to add the Dreamcast image type directly to their Alcohol 'AxType.ini' file;

[Dreamcast]
MAX Read Speed=65535
Skip Read Error=0
Fast Skip Read Error=0
Read SubChannel Data=0
Read PreGap Area=0
MAX Write Speed=1411
Fix EFM Error=0
Burn RMPS on Disc=0
RecordMethodCount=2
RecordMethod_00=0x04
RecordMethod_01=0x03

I actually made this for their site LONG ago but can't find a forum link for it now. Please note the max write speed of 8x. I've found most Dreamcasts have issues reading discs which are burned faster than this...if you can crank out 40x burns that don't make your DC sound like a plane taking off than by all means feel free :P
user6336
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by user6336 »

BlackAura wrote:
user6336 wrote:...and no burning program loads. I go into the NesterDCSE directory and there are no image files there (no data.iso - it deleted itself, or anything .cdi or .nrg), and when i try to make the datatemp directory selfboot (using selfboot inducer), it says it "Cannot Execute Bin2Boot.exe". What is the problem? I reeeeeeealy want this to work! :D
You seem to have the problem with bin2boot that a few people have been having, but nobody else has been able to reproduce or work out what's causing it.

You could try using LyingWake's BootDreams, which should be able to burn the disc directly using cdrecord.
Thanks! Will try! :) :P :wink:
retroman9999
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

NesterDC SE

Post by retroman9999 »

Scherzo: Excellent job!!!, Fantactic Execution!! I ran the builder overnight (approx 500 roms), burnt this morning, and I'm enjoying it right now. The whole process was flawless. You've taken an EMU that was almost perfect and made it better than perfect. Thank you so much for your hard work that you've shared with others.
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

I do beleive an update to dc emulation is in order.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

jjoepr wrote:I do beleive an update to dc emulation is in order.
They're already missing the last 125 emu releases. Why should they add NesterDC SE ? :P

:cry:
Insane homebrew collector.
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

good point. why bother. :lol: but like impact135 if the builder says that a game is not found in the db will it be included in the cd? :(
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by retrogamer »

GREAT JOB SCHERZO!

NesterDc SE is more than anyone of us could have ever expected. Your dedication and hard work are greatly appreciated. I would love to see on a future release if possible faster scrolling through the games list, the return to menu option moved to the top of the list instead of at the bottom which would save having to go through all of those options to access the games list since the return to menu option tends to be the most heavily used feature. Also when a game is saved to the favorites list it would be great if it was removed from the ALL list to cutdown on having to scroll through the entire list if it is not possible to implement rapid scrolling. An entire USA release list takes quite a bit of time to scroll all the way through without a fast scroll feature currently having been added in this release. One tends to lose interest in the rest of the games once you get to the L titles due to thumb cramping. Analog stick scrolling would be awsome when the D-PAD option has been selected for in game control.
Most importantly you should add your Paypal address or a mailing address to your website where donations can be sent to. I for one would like to make a donation for all of your hard work. Your emulator has set the standard for all other emulators to follow. Thanks for keeping the NES alive! Nintendo should pay you and incorporate your emulator into the Revolution and allow the games to be downloaded from their website in one bulk download similar to the way we were able to download all of the box shots, manuals, etc for your emulator. Think of the possibilities ($$$) with your emulator format on the revoultion for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and N64 games.
Damon Plus
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Damon Plus »

I?m doing the image, but it doesn?t download any FAQs, and there?s some games that it doesn?t recognize. Can I add them later?
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

The games are addded you just won't have box-art or the other extras for them.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

great emu but i have some ideas i would like to share perhaps they would be implemented in later versions. I dont mean to be criticial as these suggestions i feel would make the emu even better. we all appriciate your hard work but please understand my ideas arnt negative towards your work. thank you.

If a game isnt on the master list that shouldn't exclude it from being burnt. Also, the game list should be like it is with 7.1 with the games on the LEFT *with at least 10 games on the screen at a time, 1 game at a time takes a long time to scroll*.. then have the picture of the game on the far RIGHT on the top.. then have the box scan under that, then the picture of in-game below that. i was a little disapointed that the boxscans didnt show the back of the game box. ive noticed castelvania 3 doesnt work very good but works perfect in 7.1.

Also there should be directory support..Burning a disc with 2500 roms on it without folders would take all day to scroll thru. There should be an option to put your own pictures on the background of the emu and there should to be some website where someone makes skins for nesterdc se like they did with 7.1 or have the ability to use 7.1 skins on se. some games gave the wrong pictures for example super mario bros 2 JP gave me a pic of super mario bros 2 USA. maybe if theres no jp picture if its the same game as a usa game maybe put a usa picture?

if you use the builder you should be able to add or remove games from future burns and not have to re download everything if you want to burn another disc with a few more roms or a few less roms.

and the main site hasnt been updated in ages. no nesterdc SE news, no current emus * i shouldnt have to go to other sites for most dc emus*
Last edited by impact135 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christuserloeser

The front page is embarrassing. Really. I love http://www.DCEmu.co.uk and http://www.Dreamcast-Scene.com for beeing the best DC news sites. DCEmu UK also has all the past and new releases mirrored. That's worth a lot if you ask me.

Btw, u can scroll fast thru the games' library if you hold L or R ;)
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

An entire USA release list takes quite a bit of time to scroll all the way through without a fast scroll feature currently having been added in this release.
There is a fast scroll feature. Use the L and R triggers.

I?m doing the image, but it doesn?t download any FAQs, and there?s some games that it doesn?t recognize. Can I add them later?
The FAQ downloading is disabled due to the fact that nearly every FAQ I have is copyrighted. I personally have a special version of the builder that actually will download the FAQs, but I'm never releasing it. Sorry, but I don't wanna get in trouble with those "nice" fellas over at GameFAQs.com.

As for the games that weren't recognized, I'm sorry but you really can't add them in later. However I will be modifying the builder in the near future so that still includes unknown ROMs. This is especially important for games that have been patched with language patches and such. They might not be picked up.
Christuserloeser

Scherzo, thanks again for the work on our favorite NES emu :kiss)
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by retrogamer »

Hi Scherzo,

Thanks for letting me know about the fast scroll feature. I can't believe I did not try the triggers in the first place. Sorry I brought it up but hopefully my post helped some other people who did not know about this. Now I am as happy as a pig in, well you know:)
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

i'm loving this release. all i could ask for an option to display the gamelist menu like NesterDC 7.1.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
Damon Plus
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Damon Plus »

Could I download myself the FAQS and include them in the FAQ directory before the image is finished? If so, how should I name them to match the roms? Also, can I include more than 1 FAQ for game?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Took a while to download (dialup) everything. So I made the disk. SUCCESS! I also emailed another person about this who I have been trying to get to code for the DC, and I think this might serve as an inspiration (he previously said it was kind of retarded to code for a Dead system). But enough about that.

How do we get the faqs into the thing?

I love you, Scherzo. :kiss)
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I'm sorry. No FAQs and I won't help anyone figure out how. Those guys at GameFAQs will jump down my throat.
Damon Plus
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Damon Plus »

I?ve figured out a way for doing it, but it would be VERY lenghty.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

Thank you so much for this. It really brings back that good 'ol NES feeling. You cannot call this an emulator anymore, it's much more!

A shame the GameFAQ's couldn't be included, I think the people who wrote them must see NesterDC S.E. in action and than they sure would come to the conclusion that this is the best way there FAQ is really usefull. Instead of only be shown on a website.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images