NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bender »

:o. You can download the file if google doesn't let you to watch it, is a big download though
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

anyway i got a german site with some clips:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/pic ... nloads.htm
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

bender wrote:Yeah. The real name of the program is Takeshi's Castle.
Video with the best moments of the TV program lol. :mrgreen: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... r+amarillo
Hey, we get that show in America! It's called "Most Extreme Challenge" over here. Really funny stuff, I'll have to check the game out now. :D
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

TyBO wrote:
bender wrote:Yeah. The real name of the program is Takeshi's Castle.
Video with the best moments of the TV program lol. :mrgreen: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... r+amarillo
Hey, we get that show in America! It's called "Most Extreme Challenge" over here. Really funny stuff, I'll have to check the game out now. :D
Actually, to be 100% correct, the name of the show is MXC - Most Extreme Elimination Challenge...and I already knew that it was called Takeshi's Castle, because they have to credit Takeshi's Castle in the credits of the show...

Cool that there is a game about it, though....
joe_
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by joe_ »

anyway you can change the superfast scroll to like holding down right or left? or a combo instead of the L R buttons? reason being i'm using modded NES controllers for this.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

joe_ wrote:anyway you can change the superfast scroll to like holding down right or left? or a combo instead of the L R buttons? reason being i'm using modded NES controllers for this.
You can. Go poke around the JS files and change the code that make the fast scrolling work.

Oh, and this thread never dies, does it?
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
joe_ wrote:anyway you can change the superfast scroll to like holding down right or left? or a combo instead of the L R buttons? reason being i'm using modded NES controllers for this.
You can. Go poke around the JS files and change the code that make the fast scrolling work.

Oh, and this thread never dies, does it?
No it doesn't....I'm still waiting for a version supporting games not in the master database...because they would work...and not even all of the games in the database even have any pix or music files...

And Scherzo, don't take this as complaining...it is only me keeping this idea alive...Also, I believe that it would be relatively easy to fix, but do not know code or have the program to edit the code necessary to make the changes...You can't IMAGINE how much I appreciate your efforts on this project...
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

Not to complain, and this is probably the wrong thread for this, but i can't seem to get the Maniac Mansion Prototype to work with SE...it seems to be skipping over it and not even burning it to the disc...any suggestions?
No Amount Of Effort Can Save You from Oblivion.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Hold R until you get to the end. Some game hacks/versions are placed AFTER the normal games. After it goes from A-Z there might be a second listing of roms from A-Z. That's how mine is.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

bender wrote:Thanks for this amazing project scherzo.
Ditto, you've been working on this long & hard. Congrats, dude ;)
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Damn you scherzo!Stupid Dreamscript is messing with my mind! I have an urge to mod my only working dc to play cd-rw's just so I can mess around with the dreamscript menu.

Oh, and to anyone who says they know no code, I hope to have out a commented version of the NSDCSE code out in about two weeks. It has taken me longer than expected because of a lot of things happening with the code that I never expected.

I only wish there was an easier way of playing "movies", other than arrays...
StraTT
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by StraTT »

yeah i tried that, it only goes to 0 for some reason.i dont know, that perticular rom just wont read on it for some reason.i'm not even sure if its parts of the perticular romset i used.
No Amount Of Effort Can Save You from Oblivion.
Jamirus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Jamirus »

Is it possible to play hacks and translations not found in the database by simply replacing the zipfiles in the datatemp folder? After the cdbuilder checks an original rom and zips it?