NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Vik Abominae X wrote:
Ross L wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:
ytsejam wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:Has anyone else had this problem?
I did. For me, it was my firewall or something.

Because when i had that problem, i tried just disabling my Norton Internet Security, and it worked fine.
I bet Norton does some simple check like... ".db over port 80? WTF is that? Can't be good. REJECTION!" I guess I could have a separate copy with a benign extension like ".gif" that would get downloaded if the ".db" fails.
Isn't there a way that you can set it up so that it allows certain things to be overlooked? Then again, how often will someone be downloading .db's?
I just want to know if there is any way that he could set it up to allow games not in the DB to be added to the disk just without anything extra...I mean, there are games IN the DB that don't have anything extra to them...why not allow the other ones to be added to the disc? I want to be able to play the Tecmo Bowl and Final Fantasy hacks...
Oh yes, there's definitely a way. You've just gotta wait for it.
RolfWrenWalsh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by RolfWrenWalsh »

I believe 390 MB tops?

Since I have to rebuild the disc on my Mac, and replace the bad ROMs with better dumps (It's a pretty tedious process, but I'm a real perfectionist), and I don't have enough space, I don't download them.

Take out the manuals, and every USA release (with screenshots, box scans, cart scans, and NSF) comes to around 150 MB.
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Strapping Scherzo wrote: Oh yes, there's definitely a way. You've just gotta wait for it.
OK...as I said in the Genesis Plus/DC thread, I can be patient...as long as I know that it is being worked on, and will eventually be corrected...
RolfWrenWalsh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by RolfWrenWalsh »

I have all my ROMs ready to go again. This time I put the RPGs in their original format, as opposed to being patched. Sure enough, the cd builder recognized them. Now, I plan to replace them with the translated versions. I did a replacement test with Crystalis, and it worked (I overwrote the bad dump with the good dump, then repackaged). If I patch the ROMs, will they load in the emulator, despite being altered?
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

what did you burn it with.
RolfWrenWalsh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by RolfWrenWalsh »

Create the CDI file, then burn it at TAO in Alchohol 120% (That's how it worked for me at my friend's).

Unless you're on a Mac like me.
Damon Plus
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Damon Plus »

RolfWrenWalsh wrote:I have all my ROMs ready to go again. This time I put the RPGs in their original format, as opposed to being patched. Sure enough, the cd builder recognized them. Now, I plan to replace them with the translated versions. I did a replacement test with Crystalis, and it worked (I overwrote the bad dump with the good dump, then repackaged). If I patch the ROMs, will they load in the emulator, despite being altered?
How did you do that?
DeAthWaGer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeAthWaGer »

Wow, long time no post for me... lol.

Anyhow, couple of things... First off AMAZING job on this project.

For me, and everyone else that desires light gun support, how about we all chip in a few bucks and buy Scherzo a light gun from eBay? Give the gift of a gun!!!

Finally, my builder actually crashed on me 12+ times. I'd get about halfway through each letter (989 roms) and it'd crash. So I'd just close the program and resume. No big deal. The image burned perfectly with Nero and runs fine.
Wheeling Bitch Circus - Keepin' it METAL since 1998:

http://www.myspace.com/wheelingbitchcircus
RolfWrenWalsh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by RolfWrenWalsh »

Damon Plus wrote:
RolfWrenWalsh wrote:I have all my ROMs ready to go again. This time I put the RPGs in their original format, as opposed to being patched. Sure enough, the cd builder recognized them. Now, I plan to replace them with the translated versions. I did a replacement test with Crystalis, and it worked (I overwrote the bad dump with the good dump, then repackaged). If I patch the ROMs, will they load in the emulator, despite being altered?
How did you do that?
After the disc is made, put it in your computer's disc drive. Copy all the files off.

Now, locate the ROMs you want to replace(Since they're numbered, you're gonna have to take a blind guess and unzip randomly).

Take your patched/translated ROM, ZIP it up, and give it the exact filename/number that the original had. Put it back in your ROMs folder, and then run Self-Boot/Mac Dream Tool to build another image.
Akarik
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Akarik »

Alright, I have a question as well. Lots of them it seems.

I've got all the roms I wanted, downloaded all the extra stuff but when it finishes it says opening the appropriate burning program, but nothing opens, and no image is made. Or at the very least I can't find it. I'd suspect something is wrong with my programs except that it wormed before when I did a trial run with only a couple of roms. So now that I want to do this for real, it's not working.

Any ideas?
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

A little off-topic. There's a famicon game: Totsugeki Fuuun Takeshi Jou , based on a very funny TV program (in Spain was called 'Humor Amarillo') that was played with the Family Trainer. I don't know if there are many games like this one. Perhaps you have already added DDR Mat support for games like this, I don't have one so I can't try

Some screenies:
The zhamburgers , lol

Find the right exit crashing your head against the doors

Monster's labyrinth

The Family Trainer

Thanks for this amazing project scherzo.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Looks like an interesting game. I don't have a mat either though.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

bender wrote:A little off-topic. There's a famicon game: Totsugeki Fuuun Takeshi Jou , based on a very funny TV program (in Spain was called 'Humor Amarillo') that was played with the Family Trainer. I don't know if there are many games like this one. Perhaps you have already added DDR Mat support for games like this, I don't have one so I can't try

Some screenies:
The zhamburgers , lol

Find the right exit crashing your head against the doors

Monster's labyrinth
I know this one, a great and very funny show with Takeshi Kitano.
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

Yeah. The real name of the program is Takeshi's Castle.
Video with the best moments of the TV program lol. :mrgreen: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... r+amarillo
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience
:(
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm