NesterDC SE - All is ready

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
tornjaw
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by tornjaw »

Off topic, but I had a question. Scherzo, what font are you using in the NSF background? Or if anyone else could answer it'd be greatly appreciated.
Scribe99
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Scribe99 »

How do I get roms to be built in the database that it doesn't like?

For example, it didn't like Baseball Stars, and other games. Is this because they are titled incorrectly?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

You can't yet. It is because Scherzo has not input them into the the master_db. Probably because you have an awful dump or it is wholly unsupported. Don't fret, it will be fixed soon, most likely when we stop pestering him. :wink:
Scribe99
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Scribe99 »

Savant wrote:You can't yet. It is because Scherzo has not input them into the the master_db. Probably because you have an awful dump or it is wholly unsupported. Don't fret, it will be fixed soon, most likely when we stop pestering him. :wink:
Ok ... I think the file is perfectly fine but I may have renamed it. Perhaps renaming it would fix things?

Also, I collect Tecmo Super Bowl roms from every season. People put together roms based on the 1985, 1967, and 1998 seasons, etc.

So it sounds like these roms will never be supported by the database? Is there anyway to just burn the roms together with Nester DC SE without them having to be in Scherzo's database?
JasonG
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by JasonG »

I tried burning it with both Nero and Alchohol 120% and neither of them will boot :(
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Try Alcohol 120%'s TAO mode. That always worked for me.

Else you could try the .CDI burner that's implemented to BootDreams. It worked fine for me when I tested it. Here's the official website:

http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue
Insane homebrew collector.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

BootDreams works beautifully, and it's free.
MrQ?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by MrQ? »

ok i have tried more times again and now it boots, but now i can't see any rom of mine. does this one have a rom limit? i have over 1000 nes roms.
The eyes of a warrior never stray from the spectacle of battle.
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

MrQ? wrote:ok i have tried more times again and now it boots, but now i can't see any rom of mine. does this one have a rom limit? i have over 1000 nes roms.
I have 2862 roms (314 MB) with all Sch3rz0 stuff (341 MB) and it works perfect!!! :D
As a note: burn it at 8X max.
Life is a path with infinite destinies
MrQ?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by MrQ? »

dang dunno what happens, but the emu now loads ok, but i can't see any rom while browsing the library :(
The eyes of a warrior never stray from the spectacle of battle.
SonicXtreme
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SonicXtreme »

great work man! i can't burn a copy for a few days, so can someone tell me if this supports lightguns? (i remember nester 7.0 had a patch to make lightguns work, but i could never get it to function correctly.)

edit: just finished reading this thread, and apparently it doesn't. oh well, no biggie. duck hunt is overrated anyway.

now who's up for making a similar emulator for the genesis or snes :P ?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

BlackAura is in the process of making the same thing for genesis.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
SonicXtreme
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SonicXtreme »

allright, got this baby up and working. only issues i've had is everyonce in a while save states won't work, and battletoads, battletoads/double dragon, and bad dudes won't work for me; but since they're all b games i'm thinking it might have been a bad burn, i'll have to try it again. anyway the only real suggestion i can think of is to possibly have the option of being able to scroll through a list of the games ala nester 6/7 so you could whip through the list quickly without having to wait for the pics and stuff to load if you don't feel like seeing them at the moment. thanks again!
RolfWrenWalsh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by RolfWrenWalsh »

Is there a way I can add games I missed?

For example, I'm missing Kid Icarus, and my Crystalis is a bad dump, I'd add those two to my ROMs. Can I do that, or do I have to create another image (I'm on a Mac, had to use my friends Windows machine to make the disc)?

Any idea when an OS X version is coming out?
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Syd »

SonicXtreme wrote:allright, got this baby up and working. only issues i've had is everyonce in a while save states won't work, and battletoads, battletoads/double dragon, and bad dudes won't work for me; but since they're all b games i'm thinking it might have been a bad burn, i'll have to try it again. anyway the only real suggestion i can think of is to possibly have the option of being able to scroll through a list of the games ala nester 6/7 so you could whip through the list quickly without having to wait for the pics and stuff to load if you don't feel like seeing them at the moment. thanks again!
I know for sure that Battletoads/Double Dragon didn't work on NesterDC 6.0, and I don't think it worked on any other versions of NesterDC either. You may have bad dumps of those other games, I'll see if I can get either of them working when I get the chance.
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
ytsejam
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ytsejam »

curt_grymala wrote:Has anyone else had this problem?
I did. For me, it was my firewall or something.

Because when i had that problem, i tried just disabling my Norton Internet Security, and it worked fine.
"trying to wake, from this daydream of illusion."
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

ytsejam wrote:

Because when i had that problem, i tried just disabling my Norton Internet Security, and it worked fine.
I bet Norton does some simple check like... ".db over port 80? WTF is that? Can't be good. REJECTION!" I guess I could have a separate copy with a benign extension like ".gif" that would get downloaded if the ".db" fails.
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Ross L wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:
ytsejam wrote:

I bet Norton does some simple check like... ".db over port 80? WTF is that? Can't be good. REJECTION!" I guess I could have a separate copy with a benign extension like ".gif" that would get downloaded if the ".db" fails.
Isn't there a way that you can set it up so that it allows certain things to be overlooked? Then again, how often will someone be downloading .db's?
I just want to know if there is any way that he could set it up to allow games not in the DB to be added to the disk just without anything extra...I mean, there are games IN the DB that don't have anything extra to them...why not allow the other ones to be added to the disc? I want to be able to play the Tecmo Bowl and Final Fantasy hacks...