a weird problem with Vd

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

a weird problem with Vd

Post by sepa » Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:28 am

ok, I cant figure it out, so I decided to ask here.

When dubbing this video with VD, I do the MPEG Layer-3, 22050 HZ, mono, etc..etc....

Then when I start the dubbing, I get an error saying:

Error initializing audio stream decompression:
The requested conversion is not possible.
Check to make sure you have the required (Microsoft Audio Codec).

The thing is, its only this one video. I can do others and they work fine.
What exactly is happening?
Is there a way to get around this and make it actually work?

-sepa
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi » Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:38 am

Just look around, that problem still exists, supposed to die soon. Might be an incompatible or broken codec or source audio file.

And for future reference, don't refer to virtual dub as vd. When I saw your topic name, almost moved it to off topic, to let dr. z. take a look at what ails you.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
sepa
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by sepa » Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:14 am

oh, lol, sorry about the VD thing:)

but when you say look around, you mean for the mircosoft codec or for something to change in virtual dub?

I was thinnking about tryin the lame codecs and see if it would change anything, you think that would help?
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi » Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:12 pm

try reinstalling the codec for the file that's bugging you if that codec seems to be screwing up. Otherwise, you may have a screwy input file. Incomplete downloads will do this.

By all means, try lame, when it works, dc divx works.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.