Freedo 3do emu for dc under test right now !

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sweater Fish »

Well Return Fire has already been mentioned, that's a really excellent game.

One game that no one has yet mentioned, though, is Star Control II. I've been wanting to be able to play thois game on my Dreamcast forever. bero talked about porting the open source PC version years ago, but then disappeared and I sort ofgave up hope since no one else seemed to be considering it. Really great and totally unexpected to be on the verge of finally getting my wish, but in the form of a 3DO emulator.

Also, personally, I really like Road Rash. I was a big fan of the Genesis verisons of the game and I was simply astounded by both the graphics and the playability of the 3DO version when I first played it on my friend's system back in 1994. Much later when I got a Saturn in 2000, I tracked down the Saturn version of the game and was happy to see that it was still nearly as fun even though the graphics were no longer so impressive.

The 3DO version of Need For Speed is also really pretty good. Even Off-World Interceptor is worth some attnetion, I think. Then there's games like Cannon Fodder, Horde and Theme Park (maybe also Syndicate, I never played it but it looked pretty cool), which were certainly not showcase's of the 3DO's power, but are just fun games.

I've also always been sort of curious about Lucienne's Quest. It got good reviews when it came out.

Of course, some of the games that I enjoy on the 3DO are already available on the Dreamcast in one way or another in better versions. Stuff like Samurai Shodown, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo or Wolfenstein.

Lastly, it's not a game, but CPU Bach is pretty cool.

Let's not forget Plumblers Don't Wear Ties.

...word is bondage...
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Girrders, AD&D, Twisted, Space Hulk, Forgotten Eden, PO'ed, etc. :)
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

CAPTAIN QUAZAR :!: :!: :!:
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

Repeated post. Sorry.
Last edited by dr apocalipsis on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

Hum...
Policenauts it's a greatgame, but I think it's only in japanese...
Could somebody translate it? :roll:
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I don't think anyone has bothered to translate ANY 3DO titles yet, though I could be wrong.

That might change though once this emu runs full speed.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Lookin forward to it when its ready, not that many emu's for it so this'll be a big un obviously, even though I only have need for speed atm for the system itll be a nice news day
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

you can find some cool 3do titles at ebay for $1 !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

OMG!!!
Admin wrote:
MasterMan wrote:Admin, some tidbits

What about 3DO accessories? I whas thinking in Mad Dog McCree with the pistol

FreeDO-DC has any ingame menu for soft reset, change game, pause emulation and these options?

The controll, can it be remaped? DC's analog thumb has any special function or is it just the same as d-pad?

Thank you.
1. DC FreeDO has in-game menu, allowing to reset, change game, pause emulation, poke around memory ( cheats ) and fast NVRAM management.
2. controls can be re-mapped or spread among DC joypads -- example -- DC joypad #1 can be used to control the flight, and joypad #2 can fire.
3. analog thumb has advantages in games with light-gun or mouse support, in rest of the games it can have adjustable threshold.
Admin wrote:
u2konline wrote:Also how does killing time and nfs and crash and burn run?

If you dont mind me asking?
please make a note for the future -- it was said, i've joined and coded this emulator just to be able to play Killing Time, so it's first game to test!!! -- KT works perfect, NFS has some glitches on the road, crash'n'burn works good.
Admin wrote:
DaRKSLaiN wrote:could anyone tell me if SSF2X works on the DC version of Freedo? (d**n, i love the arrange music of the game, nothing to compare with SSF2X for matching service (DC))
if SSF2X is what i understand it is, "Super Street Fighter", the answer is yes -- it works well on DC.
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

"NFS has some glitches on the road"? Hmm... I personally looking forward to see it as perfect as the other games, since I'm a huge fan of the first part. Still, EA sucks. ;)
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Syd »

It's funny, the more features I hear about the DC port of this emulator, the more skeptical I am that it's even going to be released within the next 10 years. :lol:
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I agree that the features the author is talking about sound almost toogood to be true, but to be honest, they're the sorts of things that all emulators on the Dreamcast really ought to have. I mean, the controller stuff especially, like full button remapping and analog sensitivity and threshhold control (and hopefully also switching between proportional and absolute) are not terribly difficult to program, but very very useful and in fact necessities in a lot of cases.

...word is bondage...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

as a fan of everything 3do, I'm excited about this emulator.

Killing Time, and Lucienne's Quest (a very nice rpg) are some of my favs among most that have already been mentioned.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Sorry if I sound negative, but I doubt this will ever happen.

This happened with the PSP emulation scene. A forum go-er by the name of Dragon promised everyone that he would be releasing an N64 emulator, and that most of the games ran fullspeed on it, with sound. Everyone believed him, but when the day came for the release, he completely vanished from the scene.

I have a feeling history will repeat itself.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Thankfully we have a working example of these author's work...
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

XDelusion wrote:Thankfully we have a working example of these author's work...
That's true, but I'm still pretty skeptical... :?
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:| i want think wich the administrator tell the true, on work of freedo for dreamcast.
Don't think could been a stupid, wich play on credibility of many peoples.
Wait news, i think wich soon we have a good emu.

Exucuse me for my english.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

TyBO wrote:Sorry if I sound negative, but I doubt this will ever happen.

This happened with the PSP emulation scene. A forum go-er by the name of Dragon promised everyone that he would be releasing an N64 emulator, and that most of the games ran fullspeed on it, with sound. Everyone believed him, but when the day came for the release, he completely vanished from the scene.

I have a feeling history will repeat itself.
this is not the same thing ! this guy alrady port this emulator for pc, ps2 and xbox (using official dev kits)

so is just wait...
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Arqueiro wrote:this is not the same thing ! this guy alrady port this emulator for pc, ps2 and xbox (using official dev kits)
Where? What? :|
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Yes, they are using official dev kits for the PS2 and XBOX version...

...and they are actually going to pay for those kits, so they will have to charge for those ports.

I'm expecting them to simply offer those ports via a catalog on there page, but it would be really cool to actually see it on store shelves like BLEEM was a few years back.

Thankfully I don't think Magnavox will interfere and buy out the author(s) as we all know full well that's what Sony did with BLEEM. We all sell out when a fat check sits before us, but then again BLEEM wasn't a strugle for world peace and an end of political and corporate corruption, it was just cool emu so you can't blame him. ;)