Freedo 3do emu for dc under test right now !

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Freedo 3do emu for dc under test right now !

Post by Arqueiro »

[
DC Port is undertesting now , if everything is ok, i'm going to upload an ISO.It is boot disk, with NVRAM manager (allows to select different files from VMU, compress, decompress them and delete them). It supports direct loading of 3do formatted disk, iso9660 image on cdr (just throw iso or cue/bin files on cdrom, good for small games, you can put few of them on single cdr), and compressed isoz files, created by supplied tool. (actually tested on "D", allowing to squeeze both disk on single cdr)currently emulator ISO+tool takes 35mb, please note, this and following ports of the freedo doesn't need actual bios to work.
]

:)[/quote]
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Sweet! :D
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

oh really...
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Hmmm, only time will tell...
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

More fresh information about the 3do emu !
1. i'm not going to explain my time priorities, so quit from asking when, and why not then.2. explanation about DC emulation :
DC as you know has 2 cpus, SH4 and ARM7 (inside AICA), also it has PVRII graphics engine., now let's check functions of every chip while running FreeDO :1. AICA (ARM7) deals with 3DO DSP emulation, using precompiled set of instruments, used in 3DO. means -- every time 3do DSP is loaded with some program, Freedo converts the DSP program into AICA program by merging together readily precompiled programs from library. Also AICA deals with decompression of compressed ziso
2. SH4 deals with 4 parts -- a) dynarec ARM60 emulation. 3do cpu runs at 12 MIPS ---- SH4 runs at 200 MIPS, dynarec efficiency -- 2:1,means in average 2 SH4 commands to 1 3do command. b) converting CEL+Projector+VDLP programs into series of PVRII commands, converting textures if necessary c) porting of 3DO FIFOs into SH4 SQ sequences d)handling periferals3. PVRII -- requires whole book about ways of implementing other console emulation on it. This chip architecture allows nearly straight forward convertion of CEL+VDLP programs. It's volume modifiers allows to perform all functions of Pixel Processor from 3do.
Dixi.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Yes, now see the dumb thing is that they stated it would be out by Monday, yet they apparently already knew a lot of testing would need to be completed before a propper release, thus they already knew it would not come out on Monday (or Friday for that matter).
Again, why is it that people who are smart enough to code, overlook some simple details like that? I don't get it. It's like writing a complex program and not writing up any docs to show people how to use it, etc. Crazy.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

From his comments, he thought that he'd have time to test it last week, but he ended up having to work.

Making a release date in a close proximity to the current date when you have a whole lot of free time and then not being able to meet it due to real life conflicts is not a big deal. If he really did end up having to work when he thought he would have the week off, that's a very valid excuse in my book.

You can't plan ahead for things that creep up on you in real life.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Arqueiro wrote:More fresh information about the 3do emu !
1. i'm not going to explain my time priorities, so quit from asking when, and why not then.2. explanation about DC emulation :
DC as you know has 2 cpus, SH4 and ARM7 (inside AICA), also it has PVRII graphics engine., now let's check functions of every chip while running FreeDO :1. AICA (ARM7) deals with 3DO DSP emulation, using precompiled set of instruments, used in 3DO. means -- every time 3do DSP is loaded with some program, Freedo converts the DSP program into AICA program by merging together readily precompiled programs from library. Also AICA deals with decompression of compressed ziso
2. SH4 deals with 4 parts -- a) dynarec ARM60 emulation. 3do cpu runs at 12 MIPS ---- SH4 runs at 200 MIPS, dynarec efficiency -- 2:1,means in average 2 SH4 commands to 1 3do command. b) converting CEL+Projector+VDLP programs into series of PVRII commands, converting textures if necessary c) porting of 3DO FIFOs into SH4 SQ sequences d)handling periferals3. PVRII -- requires whole book about ways of implementing other console emulation on it. This chip architecture allows nearly straight forward convertion of CEL+VDLP programs. It's volume modifiers allows to perform all functions of Pixel Processor from 3do.
Dixi.
Resuming, can DC run 3DO games in good speed with sound? And cutscenes?
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

In that case you can choose not to compress the iso. See that you can use ISO+CUE directly also.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya... I know real life gets in the way, but...

...they've done this before.

it's no big deal I guess, it only gets me all hyped about absolutly nothing. Minor damage. :)
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Posted in FreeDO boards and got response:
admin, 11/29/05 at 17:00:41 wrote:
MasterMan, 11/29/05 at 02:20:23 wrote:Hey, Admin. A friendly, free of rush, but sorta noob question.
You think Dreamcast's hardware can get on hold of 3DO's speed?
It can do playable experience, with cutscene playback, sound, VMU save and such?
Or it will be like 80% or less? Just answer by a coder viewpoint.

Congrats for your great acomplishment and thanks for your hard work.
Cheers.
Currently it runs with some idle time too, so DC hw is capable to run freedo with good speed, playable, and nearly lag-free -- currently i've noticed some lag during intencive disk loading time, like in Killing Time, when background music changes.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

:o :o :o :o
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I wonder if there would be a way to dis-able background musick and the like...

...who needs it anyhow. :)

Either way, most games on the 3DO do not require quick reflexes or anything, most are interactive movies and the like so it shouldn't be a big deal.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

I don't understand, but this emu when get out?
the percentual for end for a release?
20% 40% 80% ?
For christmas we can hope of see it?
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

DARKGATE wrote:I don't understand, but this emu when get out?
the percentual for end for a release?
20% 40% 80% ?
For christmas we can hope of see it?
i dont know about the date of release, but about the speed is very good !

the admin say on the official forum that the emu is runing comercial games at full speed ! and alrready have vmu support for savestates, and multlpayer works ok !
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

ya the main problems come from disc loading, and or the change of a song in the sound track, those give temporary hangs, other than that things are sounding grand for the DC.

From the way it sounds games like Return Fire should'n't have any issues.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:o WOW thank you boys =)
the commercials games to full speed?
:o oh mummy
KIWASABI
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by KIWASABI »

So what 3do games does everybody like? To be honest with you, I had a 3do for a few months with about 30 games, and I wasn't too impressed. It seemed to have huge potential; and even with the huge library of games on it, most just aren't very fun. The only games I truly enjoyed were games like Zhadnost and Twisted. Granted, the Wolfenstein 3d was insanely good on 3do. Blade Force looked awesome, but wasn't really too fun of a game. Quarantine was also a fairly fun game for a while, but got old. So what really is the selling point of 3do for you guys? Is it Gex or POed or something?

-Adam
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Road Rash, Need For Speed, Super Street Fighter 2X, Mad Dog McCree, Star Wars: Rebel Assault, Flashback + Out of this World (they're here too) and a handful of hentai :D