NesterDC SE - Hard Release Date

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by retrogamer »

Hi Scherzo,

Thanks for letting me know about the fast scroll feature. I can't believe I did not try the triggers in the first place. Sorry I brought it up but hopefully my post helped some other people who did not know about this. Now I am as happy as a pig in, well you know:)
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Funny, I have no problem with the Dreamcast's D-Pad at all, I can beat Super C without dying, I play fighting games all the time on it (Doing Shoryuken's over and over as soon as you touch the ground in 3rd strike is fun) and ofcourse.. NesterDC :P
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

What do you guys think of the backround theme I put together? I like blue a little more then red so I made it a blue theme. If anyone likes it I can make a zip package. I haven't tried in game to see how it looks with the buttons overlayed. Can we resize the buttons and stuff in nesterdc menus so they aren't as large also can we move there postion?

Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Hey 56k, those screenies are very nice!

However, when I booted the emu the first time I thought: Why is there some stupid 'Loading'-Splash screen while the emu is loading the library?
There should be that wonderful animation with Mario playing SMB3 and the SE logo with all these NES celebreties running around it instead!

I think that actually would make one enjoy waiting for the emu to load ;)
Last edited by Christuserloeser on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Insane homebrew collector.
retrogamer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by retrogamer »

That backround theme looks great. I'd sure be interested in it.
Christuserloeser

retrogamer wrote:Hi Scherzo,

Thanks for letting me know about the fast scroll feature. I can't believe I did not try the triggers in the first place. Sorry I brought it up but hopefully my post helped some other people who did not know about this. Now I am as happy as a pig in, well you know:)
Hey, reading ur post I got some kind of a deja vu :P
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Here is a screenshot of the theme in game. I think i want to move the text belows the buttons and/or change the color of it, also maybe make the two buttons smaller.
Christuserloeser

:o Looks great!

NesterDC SE really needs a theme selector ! ...well that and themes to select :wink:
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Looks great law56ker, maybe adding a transparent dark gray layer on top of that image so it doesn't clash with the text/buttons.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I touched up my backround a bit. Could anyone tell me how i could make the text appear below the buttons instead of above I have no idea how to do it or what numbers to put in. Also are you able to just resize the buttons in photoshop and will they still work correctly? I'd like to make them smaller so they don't cover as much of the backround.

Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I think maybe only sherzo would know, but I will take a look at the structure later. Hopefully there is some sort of way to play an animation during loading (gif's perhaps? or maybe timing pictures to change at a certain interval?). If not, then meh.