NesterDC SE - Hard Release Date

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
LacanZZ
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LacanZZ »

Can't wait to try it out. I only have 4 blank CD Rs left, hope I can make a perfect copy the first time late tonight when it comes out.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:Wow, and what is your server's connection like? Speedy?
It's west coast and I'm east coast and I average around 600KB/s
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I'm pretty fucking happy. And it happens to be Friday. Coincidence? I think not. Scooter Bob is a wise MF like Yoda.

But I got the video timing working the way I wanted to for when you play PAL roms on NTSC and vice versa. Since there's nothing in the iNES header to say whether the ROM is PAL or NTSC, in the video options menu you can specify what kind of NES you're emulating: PAL or NTSC.

So if you really want to play a European release of a game, just go into options and switch the NES Type to PAL. Done. The game will play at the right speed and that goes for the music too.

Of course, if you play a PAL rom in NTSC NES mode then it's all fast. And if you play a NTSC rom in PAL NES mode then it's all slow. So don't do that, ok.

Yeah, I know. Last minute fixes. What can I say. That's my style.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Better late than never :mrgreen:
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

Will you tell us how many hits the emu gots? :mrgreen:

(Don't be afraid of correct my english :P)
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
drybed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by drybed »

u think this will be ported to the XBOX, 2 of my dreamcast brokes for using 3rd party controllers, and then i tried to solder in a resistor which made it even worse:(
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

drybed wrote:u think this will be ported to the XBOX, 2 of my dreamcast brokes for using 3rd party controllers, and then i tried to solder in a resistor which made it even worse:(
I am definitely thinking about ports to different systems. First would be PC. XBOX and PSP are maybes.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

dr apocalipsis wrote:Will you tell us how many hits the emu gots? :mrgreen:

(Don't be afraid of correct my english :P)
Do you mean will I tell you how many people downloaded the emu? I actually don't have a stats package installed on my web server. I really should though.
GustavoSM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by GustavoSM »

It's never too late for good news!

When that counter hits zero I'll be holding my champaign bottle.
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

Would you consider a port to the PS2? Regardless of many peoples hate for Sony I would still like to see it on there.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
abydos1000 wrote:Since the cd builder gets info from your site, is your server ready to serve?
Everything is up, yeah. It'll be interesting to see how much my monthly transfer will go up after the release. After the release, it might be a good idea to have some mirror sites for what I call the "library". I thought of this in the making of the CD builder and put in the option to change the URL of the library. If anyone wants to host a mirror of the goodies library on their site let me know.
if u want we can also host a mirror at dchomebrew.org/dcemu.co.uk

we can set it up so u can have access to the mirror yourself
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

ghostparty wrote:Would you consider a port to the PS2? Regardless of many peoples hate for Sony I would still like to see it on there.
I really doubt the PS2 could handle it. As far as homebrew development goes, PS2 probably isn't capable of much more than a fraction of what's needed for this.

Even if it was, I really don't see him taking that much time and effort when he could be doing other tasks and making them better for the Dreamcast, 'cuz we have a much better machine and audience. :wink:
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

GyroVorbis wrote:
ghostparty wrote:Would you consider a port to the PS2? Regardless of many peoples hate for Sony I would still like to see it on there.
I really doubt the PS2 could handle it. As far as homebrew development goes, PS2 probably isn't capable of much more than a fraction of what's needed for this.

Even if it was, I really don't see him taking that much time and effort when he could be doing other tasks and making them better for the Dreamcast, 'cuz we have a much better machine and audience. :wink:
Oh, I think the PS2 could do it. I just never got into PS2 deving much. Too painful. Besides, I don't have a modchip for my PS2. PSP and XBOX would be a lot easier. Even though PSP in just in its first year, there way more homebrew for that than PS2. I'd feel more comfortable.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Yeah! I'm stoked. I've got a blank cdr waiting by my computer in a sleeve so that I can burn this puppy the second it's released!!!
user6336
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by user6336 »

I can't wait for this to come out! I do have one question though... I rename all of my roms to their real names (ex. Super Mario Brothers (U)! I rename to Super Mario Brothers), and does your program rename the roms, and then looks for the extras, or does it look at the file internally (without renaming), and then downloads the files? Thanks for everything! I think I love you. :oops:
LacanZZ
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LacanZZ »

I wonder what the NES Resolution mode will look like under Dreamcast.

Oh and Scherzo, what version of Nester DC is NesterDC SE? Is it version 8.0? Or is it a new beginning and start back at version 1.0? Sorry to act wierd and bother you.
Last edited by LacanZZ on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Is the forum time (5:02 by my clock) california time? If so, dang.

I wonder if setting your computer's time to west coast will allow us from the east coast to get it at the same time. :twisted:

It is coming!
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

Savant wrote: I wonder if setting your computer's time to west coast will allow us from the east coast to get it at the same time. :twisted:
It is coming!
Strapping Scherzo wrote: Oh, and just in case anyone was going to try, you can't cheat that page into giving it to you early by setting your system clock to after the release time. The true switch is kept server-side.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Savant wrote:Is the forum time (5:02 by my clock) california time? If so, dang.
No. California's time was 6:02 and central time is 2 hours ahead of California's time, so you'll get it 3 hours before 12. :thumbsup:
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Dammit, I can't take it anymore. release it already!!!!!!!!