Bleemcast Question...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleemcast Question...

Post by navi »

This is gonna sound really dumb but i haven't seen the Bleemcast with my own eyes so here it goes. how does it work? is it a boot disc? or do you merge the iso's or what?

laters
-navi
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

It's pretty much a boot disc.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Bleem!cast is absolutly great.

It improves the game greatly. :)
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Yep, its just a boot disc. I think you can manage your reformatted memory card with the boot disc too.
LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa »

haha
-----> LoUiS ThA KiLLa
--------> KiCKiNG iT WHiLE YOU JUST KEEP iT SiMPLE
-------------> i LOVE THiS BOARD LiKE MY MOTHER & MOTA
-------------------> HOW DO YOU LiKE THOSE APPLES?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

LoUiS_ThA_KiLLa wrote:haha
Seriously now, what did that accomplish?
SelfSilent
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

BleemCast

Post by SelfSilent »

It's still not legal to download or copy, so don't request it. Companies. like lik-sang.com still sell it, and they do it for profit. It is still under copyright law. You can find it on the net, but it's not burnable using a home burner.

- Darc
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

most stupid response ive ever seen
Van Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van Lardo »

*Van aserts himself to answer the original question properly:*

Bleemcast is a commercial boot disk for the Sega Dreamcast system.

Simply insert the Bleemcast! CD into your Dreamcast console and switch the power on.

You'll then be prompted to open the CD tray at the title screen. Do so, and replace the Bleemcast! CD with that of the commercial Playstation CD (corresponding game to the Bleemcast! pack you're using, only 3 titles supported: Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3 and Gran Turismo 2).

The game will automatically start up with graphical enhancements and controls customised for the Dreamcast pad.

Also included on the Bleemcast! CD are:

a) and explanation of the controls
b) credits for the Bleemcast! software
c) a trouble-shooting menu which basically explains why MGS doesn't look as good as MGS2. ^_^

SO... Bleemcast is a boot CD. Plain and simple! You don't need to download anything or worry about technical details (leave that to the sad guys who're trying to "crack" it... :()

Hope this helps.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: BleemCast

Post by SinisterTengu »

SelfSilent wrote:It's still not legal to download or copy, so don't request it. Companies. like lik-sang.com still sell it, and they do it for profit. It is still under copyright law. You can find it on the net, but it's not burnable using a home burner.

- Darc
What are you talking about? When did anyone say anything about downloading or copying bleem!cast?
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

hey
if you stick around for 75 years
il'l post an iso here after 75 years. then you can download it all you want and itd be fully legal.
IUG
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: BleemCast

Post by IUG »

SinisterTengu wrote:What are you talking about? When did anyone say anything about downloading or copying bleem!cast?
He editied the post is my guess. The orginal message was probley asking for people to email him how. Which, btw, is impossiable.
SelfSilent
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

impossible my arse

Post by SelfSilent »

I didn't think that I wrote that!, moderators eh!
All I asked was it legal to copy or download because the company had gone bankrupt and IF (big IF) so then where.

Everything can be replicated via cracks or hacks, I would have bought Bleemcast because they originally said it would boot a whole bunch of games from each CD (50 or so) but 1 disc 1 game, they can bite me. for a lot less than that you can just buy a PS1.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: impossible my arse

Post by Nyarlathotep »

SelfSilent wrote:I would have bought Bleemcast because they originally said it would boot a whole bunch of games from each CD (50 or so) but 1 disc 1 game, they can bite me. for a lot less than that you can just buy a PS1.
yeah... those 3 Bleem!Cast CDs... they're what, $30 the lot? I can see why you feel you have been 'ripped off' in some way.

Go buy your Playstation.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Re: impossible my arse

Post by 404NotFound »

SelfSilent wrote:I didn't think that I wrote that!, moderators eh!
All I asked was it legal to copy or download because the company had gone bankrupt and IF (big IF) so then where.

Everything can be replicated via cracks or hacks, I would have bought Bleemcast because they originally said it would boot a whole bunch of games from each CD (50 or so) but 1 disc 1 game, they can bite me. for a lot less than that you can just buy a PS1.
Bleemcast wasn't just for the cheap, but also the people who just like to see what can be done. MGS didn't really instrest me while playing it but i thought "wow... this is really a playstation game"