FOF Swap CDs

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FOF Swap CDs

Post by Imerion »

I downloaded a free swap-cd for FOF some time ago and there were some nice tunes on it. So I wonder, are there any other free FOF Swap cds for download?
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

I don't think so.
I wanted someone to attempt the dancing monkeys method that I posted under the feet of fury forum but no one seemed willing to try it.
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

there are

-the fofswap disc. The mirror is down, i still got it somewhere on my hdd but i guess that's what you meant anyways
-a 2-song disc by ca-forummembers. Unfortunately, the mirror is down.

i got another swapcd lying on my hdd, did it for a user called ancient chicken with songs he did. if there's enough request, i might have a look at it, talk to him weather it's ok to release it (maybe part of it only) and then do so.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Its the fofswap disc I have. You don't have to look into any other ones just for me. However, perhaps we could do a new community project where everyone can submit some songs and steps and we do a compilation? There is certainly some more free music on the net that can be used as well. Another cd in the tradition of FoFSwap simply. If anyones interested...
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

I have a few songs from the mentioned project i'd be able to contribute. Also i can help in creating the disc structure and stuff. if you need help creating stepfiles and stuff, contact me.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Its great to hear that you can help making another Swap CD. Since Im not good at creating steps myself, it would be great if you could help with that. How about if I take a look around the net and ask persons if we can use their music, and if we can, I collect a bunch and then send them to you? If you need help with graphics and so on I can do that as well!
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

ok but then don't overdo it, i'm willing to make something like 5 step files, not 20... don't have that much time these days...
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

I understand. Perhaps I can make some myself as well. If the editor program runs in Linux that is. Wine should work.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

I actually plan on announcing a swap-CD contest relatively soon. As part of GOAT Games, which remains moving through development hell at a v-e-r-y slow pace, I have been intending on running a contest where people would make steps for one or two songs from Inhabitants and Maqiupai.

So the challenge has officially been outlined. Expect a real announcement on it within the next couple weeks.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Sounds interesting! I will be waiting.
deltrox
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by deltrox »

Well, your lucky I've got it at all, but here you go.

(BTW: It's me, mrBob, from the CA forum, skar.)

http://bigopinionstudios.com/fofswap_nrg_ret.zip

Don't kill my bandwidth too hard, and if someone could, put up a mirror.
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

http://renard.csh.rit.edu/other/fofswap_nrg_ret.zip

Don't worry about my bandwidth, no limits for me, and I'm on uncapped dual OC3s, so it should be pretty fast.
mmm.... n00b blood
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Nice man! Im downloading now!
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

thats the cd you've already got.

btw i'm looking forward to that swapcd contest :-)

edit: i just found the files on my webspace, so the fofswap page is back up :-)
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Ah, I found that out a bit to late. Oh well, its only a cd. Might give it to a friend who has FoF.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

All righty, bumping this one...

Within the next three or four days, there will be a contest started on the GOAT Store regarding Feet of Fury and the other GOAT Store releases. The challenge is for you to take your favorite song off the soundtrack of either Maqiupai or Inhabitants (and Cool Herders too, when it comes out, I believe) and create a swap CD file for it. People who submit tracks that are selected will get a copy of GOAT Games when it is released, as well as $20.00 worth of in-store credit at the GOAT Store for each sucessfully submitted track.

We are looking for a total of six tracks, two from each game, although we reserve the right to change that number of course. For information about making a swap CD, check here:

http://www.feetoffury.com/swapcds.php

Expect this contest to be officially announced on the GOAT Store Publishing web site within the next week.

Oh yes, a deadline -- the deadline for submissions is January 30th at midnight. Of course, you may send in your submissions early -- in fact, I would appreciate it if you did. Any questions, post here and I'll reply to them.

Thanks!